Get Involved… Voting is a Must, But Not Enough!
The Upcoming Elections in 2014 and 2016 will define the future of America.
Reaganesque Sarah Palin is the Key for the GOP in 2016 to both beat Hillary and nullify the Dems' 'carrot' of electing the first female U.S. President!
Run Sarah Run... America Needs You!!
- Follow askmarion on WordPress.com
Palin Power 2014 – We Are Here To Save A Country
Run Sarah Run –> Join the Palin-Cruz 2016 Movement
Real Change… Checkout:
- Bush 2006 World War III Coming If ‘Caliphate Capitol’ Established In Iraq
- Republican-Controlled House Passes Continued Complete Funding for ObamaCare and Planned Parenthood
- The Watcher’s Council Weasel Of The Week!!
- Chairman Gowdy’s Opening Statement at First Benghazi Select Committee Hearing
- Watcher’s Council Nominations – War? What War? Edition
- Politics and Religion… Lost Subjects in America
- ‘You’re the Son I Don’t Have ➡ Benghazi Victim’s Mom Addresses Americans Who Tried to Save Her Son
- Famous Ultra-Liberal Claims Obama’s Only Accomplishment is Being Black
- Watcher’s Council Nominations – ObamaBalloon Edition
- Megyn Kelly Takes On Ward Churchill: How Can You Compare 9/11 Victims to Nazis?
- Cuba Trolls America’s Left for Spies
- PRESIDENT COWARD – Bill Whittle (video)
- William Deresiewicz on Disadvantages of an Elite Education
- 13 Hours Benghazi Exposed Speical – Bret Baier (Updated)
- This Weeks’ Weasel Of The Week!!!
- Bob McDonnell Guilty on 11 Counts, Maureen Guilty on 9 Counts
- Watcher’s Council Nominations – Selfie Edition
- Gluten, Celiac Disease and the Bigger Picture – Updated
- The Watcher’s Council Weasel of The Week Nominations!!!
- Rick Perry at Defending the Dream 2014
- Forum: What’s Your Favorite Sport, And Your Least Favorite? Why?
- ISIS Barbarians At Our Gates
- Watcher’s Council Nominations – Accountability Edition
- Ferguson Gang Leader Admits “Eric Holder Paid Us To Start Riots”
- Grand Jury That Indicted Rick Perry Was Stacked With Partisan Democrats
- IRS Scandal – Obama Admin Lied – Judicial Watch: IRS ATTYS Admits Lois Lerner E-mails Are Back Up
God help us!!
Republican House Leaders John Boehner, Kevin McCarthy and Steve Scalise
House Republicans, led by Speaker of the House John Boehner, joined with Democrats to pass a continuing resolution late Wednesday that will continue to fully fund Obamacare, which has never had majority support in any poll since its passage, as well as funding Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion factory which also teaches sadomasochism to girls as young as 15-years-old.
Additionally, the bill to fund the government through December 11, provides funding for Obama’s request to “train and equip appropriately vetted elements of the Syrian opposition,” i.e., “Syrian rebels.”
Democrat Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi joined Republicans in voting for the bill, which passed 319 to 108. Four members did not vote.
Among Republicans who voted against the bill included Trey Gowdy, Louie Gohmert, Jim Jordan, Michele Bachmann, Dana Rohrabacher, and John Fleming, while several far-left Marxist Democrats voted in favor of the Republican leadership sponsored bill, including John Conyers and Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
“The truth is that, if you look back under this president as commander-in-chief, we trained people in Libya,” said Congressman Louie Gohmert (R-TX). “We provided weapons to Libya that were then used against us in Benghazi. There are Americans dead because this administration felt compelled to go in and take out Qadhafi.”
“One of the big problems, too, when we go in and train, as this President wants to do for the Syrians, they learn our tradecraft,” said Rep. Gohmert. “They use it against us, as they did at Benghazi,” Gohmert predicted.
“If we are going to degrade and destroy them [ISIS] it will not happen through an indecisive strategy that relies on unreliable and largely unknown help from Syrian rebels, whose own motivations and goals are mixed, and almost impossible to be certain of,” said Rep. John Fleming (R-LA).
Republican currently hold a majority in the House of Representatives and are led by Speaker of the House John Boehner, Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and new House Majority Whip Steve Scalise.
Fanfare!! It’s time It’s time to present this weeks’ statuette of shame, The Golden Weasel!!
Every Tuesday, the Council nominates some of the slimiest, most despicable characters in public life for some deed of evil, cowardice or corruption they’ve performed. Then we vote to single out one particular Weasel for special mention, to whom we award the statuette of shame, our special, 100% plastic Golden Weasel. This weeks’ nominees were all certainly deserving, but one stood out this week as the overwhelming winner..
Yes, it’s Maxine ‘No Justice No Peace’ Waters, Democrat Congresswoman from Crazyfornia!
The Independent Sentinel : For telling the Council of Pakistan Affairs and Islamic Society of Orange County that Sharia Law is compatible with the U.S. Constitution and for telling them that anyone who disagrees is a bigot.
So much for free speech and the right to dissent.
While Ms. Waters certainly deserves the award for this bit o’ bigotry, (can you imagine how she’d look in a burka and niquab) this is really something of a career achievement award.
She represents California’s 43rd congressional district, which is centered in South Central Los Angeles and includes Inglewood, Hawthorne, and parts of Carson and Torrance (shsssh! She doesn’t live in the District, but in upscale Hancock Park).
She got her nickname from leading chants during the 1992 Rodney King riots, which she insisted should be called a ‘rebellion’ rather than a riot. She described the violence in which 58 people were killed as “a spontaneous reaction to a lot of injustice.” And speaking of injustice, when she was asked about the wide spread looting of Korean owned businesses, she shrugged it off, saying “There were mothers who took this as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes… They are not crooks.”
Ms. Waters also has a fond spot in her heart for commie dictator Fidel Castro, whom she thanked for – wait for it – providing help to those who needed to “flee political persecution.”
I have a feeling Congresswoman Waters never toured Fidel’s gulag on the Isle of Pines.
One of the people she was referring to was black ‘activist’ Assata Shakur, and in 1998, Waters wrote a letter to Fidel Castro asking him not to extradite Shakur. This was in spite of the fact that Shakur is an escaped convicted murderer, a former member of the Black Panther Party and The Black Liberation Army, and is classified by the FBI with good reason as a domestic terrorist.
On the other hand, you can’t say she’s not consistent. As a prominent member of the Congressional Black Caucus she put major pressure on President Clinton in 1999 to ship 6-year-old Elian Gonzales back to Castro’s Cuba.
Economics? Of course! Remember this?
“This liberal would be about socializing … uh, umm. … Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.”
Hey, socialism and ‘justified’ theft is good when it comes to whitey and them Ko-reans, right! And do I have to tell you she favors reparations for slavery,and co-authored a bill to mandate it with Senator John Conyers (D-MI)? Or that she was a major force in helping to KO any oversight of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae when the Bush Administration attempted to institute it?
Of course, let’s not get the wrong idea. Ms. Waters is actually pretty savvy when it comes to finance. Her own, at least.
Chuck Neubauer and Ted Rohrlich wrote a major piece in the LA Times in 2004 to the effect that Maxine Waters’ relatives had made more than $1 million during the preceding eight years by doing business with companies, candidates and causes that Waters had direct influence over because of her position in congress. They claimed she and her husband helped a company get government bond business, and that her daughter Karen Waters and son Edward Waters have profited from her connections. Waters reply? “They do their business and I do mine.”
Oh, indeed she does!
She also holds the distinction of being named one of the 14 most corrupt members of congress by Business Insider in 2011. Considering whom else was in congress at that time, this was and is a major achievement. She’s a superstar.
F’rinstence, back in September of 2008, Waters lobbied for TARP funds for OneUnited Bank, because she claimed it was part of an association of minority controlled banks.This happened when she was on the Financial Services Committee and had a voice in determining where TARP funds would go.
Waters’ husband Sidney Williams just happened to have been a board member of OneUnited, and was and still is a stockholder.
Part of her lobbying efforts involved arranging personal meetings with her husband and Treasury Department officials without ever disclosing her personal financial interest. OneUnited ended up with a healthy taxpayer bailout of $12 million.
Thyen Waters was brought up on Ethics charges, largely because another part of her lobbying involved chairperson Barney Frank and he needed to cover his own capacious behind.
Having a choice between a trial in the House or pleading guilty, Waters was savvy enough to choose a ‘trial’ knowing that (a) after seeing the wrist slap her fellow BCC compadre Charley Rangel got for doing far worse, even if she was found guilty it wouldn’t amount to much and (b)the Democrat dominated House wasn’t going to push too hard to prove charges against a prominent member of the Congressional Black Caucus, and they would likely stonewall and drop the charges before the newly elected GOP house was seated in January of 2011.
Which is exactly what happened.
For racism, outsize nastiness, hypocrisy and sheer grasping corruption, Maxine Waters richly deserves her Golden Weasel. She’s literally one of the best weasels to be found in the parasitical halls of government. Accept it and all that goes with it, congresswoman.
Make sure to tune in every Monday for the Watcher’s Forum. and every Tuesday morning, when we reveal the weeks’ nominees for Weasel of the Week!
And remember, every Wednesday, the Council has its weekly contest with the members nominating two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. The votes are cast by the Council, and the results are posted on Friday morning.
It’s a weekly magazine of some of the best stuff written in the blogosphere, and you won’t want to miss it...or any of the other fantabulous Watcher’s Council content.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
This week’s contest is dedicated to Senator Ted Cruz – for courage under fire.
The Council In Action!!
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- The Noisy Room – Cruz: Those Who Hate Israel, Also Hate America
- The Independent Sentinel – Anti-Americanis, Marxism, Porn, Pedophilia Now Available in the Classroom
- VA Right! - New Music Video – American Freedom Fighter
- Rhymes With Right – First Amendment Dodges A Bullet
- Joshuapundit-Kerry: US Must Help Push ‘Real Islam’
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Boots On The Ground
- The Glittering Eye -Returning Home
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Pro-Israel Students Arrested at Ohio University for Standing Up to BDS-ers
- Nice Deb – Obama Administration Denies Threatening Journalist’s Families With Prosecution,
- The Razor – Why I Think Bombing ISIS Is a Bad Idea
- The Right Planet – What The United Nations Doesn’t Want You To Know
- Simply Jews – Russian genocide and the reasons thereof
- Bookworm Room – What passes for theater and theater reviews amongst New York’s self-styled finest
- Ask Marion – Politics and Religion… Lost Subjects in America
- The MidKnight Review – Here is a perfect example illustrating why politics and war do not mix.
- Blazing Cat Fur – Discontent fuels election gains for European fringe parties
- The Political Commentator – Dr. Evil, Darth Vader and Hannibal Lecter joining the coalition to defeat ISIS…
- The Pirate’s Cove – NC Sea Rise Is Under 7 Inches Per Century
- Victor Davis Hanson/PJ Media – Are the Orcs Winning? submitted by The Noisy Room
- David Greenfield/Front Page Mag –Can Republicans win in a post family America submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- SE Cupp – Is it OK to hunt while pregnant? submitted by VA Right!
- Election Law Blog – Breaking News and Analysis: Federal Court Grants Injunction Restoring Early Voting in Ohio submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Sharyl Atkisson/Daily Signal – Benghazi Bombshell: Clinton State Department Official Reveals Details of Alleged Document Review submitted by Joshuapundit
- Moon of Alabama – The New “Regime Change” Plan – Attack Damascus From The South submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- The Diplomad 2.0 – 9/11/14: Year Thirteen in the 1400 Year War submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Douglas Ernst – Army’s diversity storm troopers fret over numbers of white men leading combat brigades submitted by The Colossus Of Rhodey
- Michael Goodwin/New York Post – Obama’s Ship Is Sinking submitted by Nice Deb
- Michael Totten – Face the Brutal Truth About ISIS submitted by The Razor
- Tavern Keepers – JB – A Company Man submitted by The Right Planet
- To Put It Bluntly-Why Do They Behead Us submitted by Bookworm Room
- World Net Daily - U.N. to dump flood of Muslim refugees on U.S. submitted by Ask Marion
- Caroline Glick – Of politicians and moral courage submitted by The Watcher ( h/t Terresa at The Noisy Room)
- The Other McCain – “That 15-year-old boy’s penis in her mouth? A random coincidence!” submitted by The Watcher
Politics, religion… politicians (the ruling’ elite) and God are the entities and concepts that in one way or another affect everything in everyone’s lives. Yet in America, where the common man was actually able to take part in the decisions, laws and activities concerning politics and religion in their lives, a large percentage of ‘the average man of the 21st century’ neither knows nor cares little about either.
The “no talk of politics and religion” that has crept into all sectors of American life is bad and is very much part of of what has brought us to this point in our history. The Founding Fathers of America certainly discussed politics and religion wherever they went and encouraged their children to be part of the debate.
So why is it that people don’t talk about the two most important subjects that affect everyone? Because the ruling elite… the Progressives, convinced us all that it is socially incorrect to do so. It was part of their plan to manipulate the conversation of America… of average people everywhere; part of the dumbing down process.
“Never talk about politics and religion at work.”
“Never talk about politics and religion at parties.”
“Never talk about politics and religion on social media.”
“Don’t talk about politics and religion at the dinner table!“
“Never talk politics and religion at family events of any type!”
I married into a family who never talks religion or politics, or about much of anything else important anywhere or anytime. (I have more than once asked my husband to find his adoption papers… being sure he could not really be part of this family!) They are boring, uninteresting, don’t really know the people they claim are their friends and family, and are definitely part of America’s problem!! And this behavior is something that is now becoming engrained throughout our American culture; the talk of politics and religion is almost non-existent.
The line preached to the masses is that politics and religion have torn apart humanity for centuries, so a censored discussion environment will get us that much closer to real human harmony… or just easier for the power brokers, international bankers and political elite to control us?!?
Harmony at the cost of discussing religion and politics should scare everyone, but our children have been indoctrinated and are not taught to engage in debate or critical thinking, so if that is not an activity at their dinner table, family get-togethers or within their circle of friends they become drones to be used.
As William Bradshaw says in Politics and Religion Do Mix:
“No two subjects are more important for one’s total well-being than religion and politics. Politics is all about one’s well-being when living in this life, and religion is all about one’s well-being in the life to come. What could possibly be more important than these two subjects??”
The greatest thing families: parents, grandparents, extended family and those who work with young people can do is to engage our youth. Invigorate them and teach them to think for themselves.
The tide is beginning to turn, but we are out of time. The elections of 2014 and 2016 will define the future of America… So the time to speak up and speak out is now!!