Just the night before, we heard that gun confiscation was in play and that Obama would go all out with Executive Orders to to begin the process. After the speech, we heard a lot of “What happened??” He had fallen back to Executive Actions and spent most of his time on ‘manipulation of the uninformed’ and attacks on Congress. The president called for a new assault weapons ban and universal background checks… a temporary fallback. You can read the text of Obama’s speech here.
President Calls for New Assault Weapons Ban, Universal Background Checks
On that insider website that I can’t send – the Republican insider says (MJ):
Like me you were probably watching the president’s gun control speech today. Was told this morning the presentation today was a revised version that was completed just last night after a bunch of back and forth between the White House and Senate leaders. Guessing that would be Harry Reid mostly. Last week the president was ready to go all in on the executive order scenario. Confiscation was going to be in play. Then the backlash came and it forced Obama to back off. He didn’t want to but after Reid said it was a no go, and the NRA was preparing to go to war with the White House, the president was given a revised script and that is what we heard this morning. You could tell too. Obama stumbled over the words more than usual. He didn’t have the time to prep the script like he normally does. Probably fuming he was forced to read the new version also.
This time WE WON and OBAMA LOST.
If people want to know how to go at the administration, this is how you do it. Be informed, and make your voices heard. This is an example of how the new media I have been telling you about can work against the globalists. It can be a huge weapon against them. And a big thank you to the NRA. It took on Obama and didn’t back off. A big part of the plan coming from the White House was to cripple the NRA and make it a liability for 2014 and beyond. That didn’t work and it will be a liability, but one that is going to hurt Democrats, not conservatives. Big time backfire for the Obama White House. I was told it “rocked them on their heels”. They fundamentally don’t understand the American people and they didn’t see this backlash coming. They have the media, and the glossy presentations, but they don’t really understand the American people and this debate was a pure example of that being played out. I love it!
But the President came out swinging today, not merely proposing but signing 23 executive orders on gun control. While none of them actually placed a ban on any particular weapon, because he knew he didn’t have the votes, this was a clear sign that the President feels Congress is worthless and they better play ball or else he’s leaving them in the dust. It was also a clear beginning and warning of what is to come if the Dems take control of both houses of Congress in 2014.
Below is a list of the 23 “executive actions” that the president will be taking in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre. Via the Wall Street Journal.
“There’s very little in this part that will be too big or controversial,” claims Business Insider. “It’s very small bore regulatory stuff.”
We’ll let you decide:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health-care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law-enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency-response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental-health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental-health-parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
And the change in plans also didn’t stop him from using children to promote his agenda. Remember when liberals freaked out when images of George W. Bush reacting and leading during the immediate aftermath of 9/11 were published? Anyone striving for even a shred of consistency would also be upset at Obama using children to push through his gun control measures. Not surprisingly, the media isn’t yelling about the imagery this time around.
This time WE WON and OBAMA LOST, but this will come up again in 2014 if we do not educate ourselves and those around us and then vote accordingly and continue to bombard your Congress people and Senators in the meantime.
Remember, Obama is the master of manipulation of the uninformed.
In Switzerland every citizen is given a gun, taught how to use it for their protection. No wars and safest country in the world…
NRA: 100,000 new members after Sandy Hook shooting
Judge Napolitano: “Let us remember, the 2nd amendment wasn’t written so we could go hunting!” In the words of Thomas Jefferson, "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.".” See Video of Suzanna Gratia-Hupp’s Congressional Testimony: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For, below (u-tube HERE).