For those who watch GBTV, you know that Beck was off for a few days on assignment.
The political discourse has been dominated by the religious liberty debate that continues to intensify between the Catholic Church and the Obama administration – an issue that Glenn Beck has tackled quite frequently on his radio and television programs. This weekend, The Blaze has confirmed that Beck flew from Miami to Rome, where he had meetings with prominent Catholic Church leaders. In addition to holding discussions with them about important religious freedom issues, Beck also met with individuals from various countries to discuss the creation of an international Tea Party movement.
During his dialogue with Cardinals, Monsignors, Archbishops and other Catholic leaders, the popular host pledged support for the church, while also discussing ways in which members of various faith communities can join in solidarity against secular attacks against religion. As evidenced through his work, Beck has long encouraged people of all faiths to stand together — distinct and separate in their beliefs — but united in their support of everyone to practice those ideals without persecution.
Photo: Glenn Beck with Cardinal Dolan
Additionally, Beck met with Tea Party leaders from Rome, Serbia, Milan, Germany, Austria, and London, among other localities, to begin discussing an international coalition that is being headed by FreedomWorks. Reflecting the ideals held by peace and freedom proponents in America, the persons involved discussed their goals for an integrated global effort to champion Tea Party ideals.
Be sure to listen to his radio show on Monday, as Beck will be sharing all of the details surrounding his meetings with church leaders and international Tea Party groups, while also delving into his vision for a multi-faith coalition that stands in support of religious liberty. Additionally, throughout the upcoming week, The Blaze will provide ongoing information and follow-up reports that further explain what’s to come.
These meetings with Catholic leaders are the latest in a series of discussions that Beck has had with numerous faith leaders, including evangelical pastors and rabbis, among others. His efforts to connect with these theologically diverse individuals reflect his desire to bring adherents from various faith traditions together to support religious liberty here in America and abroad.
“We are not battling for the next election, we’re battling for the very soul of each of us and of our nation,” he recently proclaimed on GBTV.
Religious liberty is becoming an issue of great importance across the globe, as Christians, Jews, Muslims and other faith traditions grapple with an increasingly hostile clash with the atheist and “freethinking” community. Additionally, governmental policies are, in many ways, beginning to mirror secularist ideals that tend, in the views of many religious peoples and institutions, to threaten spiritual expression.
Beck and his wife, Tania, walk in Vatican City
The examples are limitless. Earlier this month, England’s high court found prayer before local council meetings to be unlawful, and last week Baroness Sayeeda Warsi, a Muslim who is also a British Cabinet member, maintained that Europe is being threatened by militant secularism. Considering New York City churches’ battle for the right to rent public school buildings, incessant attacks on Ten Commandment displays, and secularists’ never-ending efforts to force churches to violate their consciences, Beck’s coalition is coming at an appropriate time.
In addition to holding these meetings, Beck went to Greece in preparation for a special project he will soon be announcing. Tune in to GlennBeck.com, GBTV and The Blaze for more on these important announcements.
- Beck Announces ‘We Are All Catholics Now’ Movement to Stand Up for Religious Freedom (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Beck To O’Reilly: Obama’s ‘War On Faith’ Is To Spark ‘Confrontation’ On The Streets (mediaite.com)
- Glenn Beck Launches ‘We Are All Catholics Now’ Movement (mediaite.com)
- War On: Obama and ObamaCare verses Constitutional Patriots and Religious Freedom (askmarion.wordpress.com/)
- Video: What is the HHS Mandate Really About? (web.gbtv.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=20096331)
- Catholic Church in Italy Loses Tax Exempt Status (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Only Mad Dogs And Glenn Beck’s Men Go Out In The Midday Sun (thecampofthesaints.org)
- Glenn Beck continues his attacks on people of faith (mydd.com)
- Obama’s Catholic Church Gambit: Lessons from American Communists (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Obama Picks Fight With Catholic Church in an Election Year: Game On (w/videos) (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Santorum: Obama believes in ‘phony theology’ not based on Bible (firstread.msnbc.msn.com)
- Enough Of The Fake Outrage Over Contraception (angrydd.wordpress.com)
- David Barton Tells Pat and Stu About the ‘We are all Catholics’ Movement (theblaze.com)