JoshuaPundit on Aug 22 2012
Ah, the Democrat strategy… (A) Find a Senate race featuring an unpopular incumbent you’re almost certain to lose, with a contested Republican primary, especially in a state with an inexpensive media market (B) Pick the least likely GOP candidate to defeat your incumbent, especially if he or she has a history of being a loose cannon and shooting his or her mouth off (c) stick big time money behind them so that they win the nomination (C) Set up a situation for the new GOP nominee to say something abysmally stupid, and then use your media lackeys to make a nationwide media firestorm out of it.
That’s how you take a almost certain Senate takeover by Republicans and turn it back into a 50-50 horserace at worst. Even better, you turn the national focus away from the economy and an incumbent Democrat president’s execrable performance in office and put it back where you want it – on abortion and the so called ‘Republican war on women’ meme. Especially when you can rely on the stupidity, shortsightedness and grubby ambition of the nominee in question to stay in the race and keep the game going until the November elections.
Talk about committing rape!
Not good for the country in the least, but good for Democrats and admirable in its deviousness. Give the Alinskyite devil his due.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
I’m very proud to announce that Tom White over at VA Right! was named Blogger of the Month by the AFP news service…quite an honor, mais oui. Congrats, Tom!
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) anywhere in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category.
Then just return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s take a look and see what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – Israel – Barbarians at the Gate
- The Independent Sentinel – Obama’s Stealth Move Towards Single Payer Healthcare
- The Political Commentator – I am going to vote for Obama/Biden 2012 because…
- Joshuapundit - Is Israel Preparing A Fall Strike Against Iran?
- VA Right! - RANT: I Would Rather PAY a BRIBE to Open a Business Than Deal With the American Bureaucracy
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Caliphate General Staff
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Predictably infuriating
- The Right Planet – Democrat 101: Always Accuse the Enemy of the Very Same Crimes They Themselves Are Committing
- Gay Patriot – Legacy Media’s Todd Akin obsession: one more way to amplify Democratic talking points
- Bookworm Room – The predictable Democrat ad hominem attack against those special forces who fear the administration’s loose lips
- The Razor – In Support of Pussy Riot
- The Glittering Eye – Spending Madness
- Rhymes With Right – Christian Child With Down Syndrome Charged With Blasphemy In Pakistan
- The Mellow Jihadi – Olga and Evgeniya, Two Policewomen, Meet Pussy Riot
- Simply Jews – The mysterious Putin’s visit to Israel and powers of self-deception
- Right Truth – The Lourdes Myopic, a/k/a Lourdes of the Lies
- Tina Trent.Com – History Mystery: How Fast Can PBS and the NYT Destroy a Generation of Young Minds?
- *Ask Marion – Palin Not Speaking at GOP Convention in Tampa… Huge Disappointment to Many – Mistake or Smart by Romney Campaign?
- The Pirate’s Cove – So, How Awesome Is Renewable Energy?
- Andrew McCarthy/NRO – Egypt’s Military and the Arab Spring submitted by The Noisy Room
- Front Porch Politics – Obama’s Scandals Get Wider As Lawmakers Probe Deeper submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Sultan Knish -The World of Tomorrow submitted by The Political Commentator
- Ben Cohen/Commentary – Attacking Israel Online submitted by Joshuapundit
- RedState – Radical Islam Joins the DNC submitted by VA Right!
- Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses – Pakistan’s Descent into Chaos submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Wired Science – Apocalypse Not: Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Worry About End Times submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Defining Ideas – Franklin Delano Obama submitted by The Right Planet
- Cato @ Liberty/David Boaz -The Cost of Government submitted by Gay Patriot
- Reuters Gallery-A Teleprompter Obscures U.S. President Barack Obama submitted by Bookworm Room
- Dustin Stockton – Courtesy Of Twitter, The 10 Best #ObamaSeuss Tweets submitted by The Razor
- Alex Tabarrok/Marginal Revolution – Racism by Political Party submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Right Wing News/Cherna Moskowitz – Racist To Tell Jews Where They Can And Cannot Live submitted by Rhymes with Right
- The Union Label Blog – Unions Protest the U.S. Marines For…No Reason submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- PJ Media/ Michel Gurfinkiel – No Future in France: Dire Times for French Jews submitted by The Watcher
- John Fund – Voter Fraud in the Keystone State submitted by The Watcher