As Peter Wehner notes in Commentary, The Democrat Party has essentially become the party of the Far Left.
Hillary Rodham Clinton is running on positions that would have been considered art of the Leftist fringe only an election or two ago, and she has little choice even if she wanted to ‘triangulate’ because of how far the Democrat’s mainstream has moved.
Her competition – former Maryland Governor Martin O’ Malley and avowed socialist Senator Bernie Sanders are running to her left, as are well as Democrat heroes (and non-candidates so far) Elizabeth Warren and New York Mayor Bill de Blasio.
The reception they’re receiving in Democrat strongholds is an indication of exactly how far Left the party is now aligned. And the primaries seem to be headed for a hard sprint in that direction to win over that constituency.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
The Council In Action!!
Terresa Monroe-Hamilton over at The Noisy Room was the main attraction as part of a fascinating panel on the Muslim Brotherhood over at blogtalk radio, and it can be heard here.
Tom White of VA Right continues to be the blogger to consult on Virginia politics. Here he is on the Tom Fredericks program on AM 820 ,the top rated show in his area:
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- Joshuapundit – Syria Splits Apart As Assad Digs In Against ISIS
- Don Surber – Carly Goes Reagan
- The Noisy Room – Cities on Fire: Phoenix
- Bookworm Room – Gender identity: Who are you gonna believe? Me or your lying eyes? *UPDATED*
- Ask Marion – New Polls: Palin Slams Bush and Clinton
- The Right Planet – Oleg Atbashian: What Surprised Me in America: An Immigrant’s Account of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Jütland
- The Glittering Eye – The Swiss Do It Again”
- Rhymes With Right – RE: Bruce Jenner
- VA Right! – Senate Candidate Dunnavant (VA-12) DENIES McEachin’s Story Says Janis and McEachin Working Together Against Her.
- The Razor – Here vs There
- Nice Deb – Obama Worried a Terrorist Attack Could Happen if Senate Delays Renewal of Patriot Act
- The Independent Sentinel – Future Democratic Voters Flooding Into the U.S.
- The Pirate’s Cove – NY Times: Say, What If Every Other Country Put A Tariff On Imports From Non “Climate Club” Countries?
- Blazing Cat Fur – Toronto Public Library: Ann Coulter “Offensive”, Hitler Not So Much…
- Gates Of Vienna – The Man Who Would Be Caliph
- Seraphic Secret – Palestinian Authority Teaches Jew-Hatred to Children
- Western Journalism – Why The Mass Media Are Silent On The Largest Human Rights Disaster Of Our Time submitted by Joshuapundit
- Andrew Malcolm – Obama warns global warming could maybe make hurricanes worse, if we had any submitted by Don Surber
- Mark Steyn – The Dull Thud of a /New Yorker/ Towel Snap submitted by The Noisy Room
- Walt Heyer/Public Discourse – Sex Change” Surgery: What Bruce Jenner, Diane Sawyer, and You Should Know submitted by Bookworm Room
- Reclaim Our Republic – Hillary a ‘money-hungry hypocrite’, Bill ‘showing early signs of dementia’- Trial Set for RICO claims against Clintons submitted by Ask Marion
- Politically Short – Assassinating The American Spirit Of Independence submitted by The Right Planet
- New York Times Book Review – Gaza: Killing Civilians Gets Easier for Israel submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Orin Kerr/The Volokh Conspiracy – “If I understand the history correctly…” submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Gay Patriot – Leftists Stand Up for Freedom of Certain Religions submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Victory Girls – Executive Fiat: DOJ’s Loretta Lynch to Release ‘More Than a Dozen’ New Gun Control Regs submitted by VA Right!
- The American Interest – How We’re Failing in the Middle East submitted by The Razor
- David French/NRO – Brice ‘Caitlyn’ Jennings needs Our Prayers submitted by Nice Deb
- Dave Huber/ The College Fix – Anti-Semitism, Free Speech, and Progressivism” submitted by The Wstcher
- Robert Tracinski/The Federalist – 7 Way To Roll Back The Welfare State submitted by The Watcher
- PC Magazine – 6 Features Disappearing in Windows 10 (and How to Replace Them) submitted by The Watcher