Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
Merry Christmas to all our readers and fans from The Watcher’s Council!
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention, simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (mandatory, but of course it won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out on Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have for you this week….
- Simply Jews – Omar Mahmood and the goddess of Political Correctness
- The Noisy Room – 2 NYPD Officers Shot in the Head, Killed in Ambush on Cop Car in Brooklyn
- The Independent Sentinel – Police Turn Their Backs to De Blasio After Muslim Murders Two NYC Officers
- The Right Planet – The Left’s War On The Police
- Nice Deb – Rioting For Change in the Age of Obama
- Joshuapundit – What Christmas Really Means, And Why The Left Hates It
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Top 10 Conflict Priorities For 2015
- The Razor – Unwelcome Visitors: Ghosts from the Past
- Bookworm Room – Has American higher education reached a tipping point?
- VA Right! – War on Christmas and the Establishment Clause
- The Glittering Eye – As Plain As the Nose On Somebody Else’s Face
- Rhymes With Right – Is It Our Patriotic Duty To See “The Interview”?
- American Digest – The Creche by the Side of the Road
- The Pirate’s Cove – Tax Cheat Charlie Rangel Unintentionally Calls Leftist Protesters Insane
- IOwnTheWorldReport.com – Town Uses Letter of the Law To Have childish Nativity Scene Removed
- Seraphic Secret – The Old-New Chanukah War 2014
- Ron Radosh/PJ Media – ‘The Third Narrative,’ and Michael Walzer and Todd Gitlin, Join the Fight Against Israel submitted by Simply Jews
- Sultan Knish – Saving Comrade Castro submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Weekly Standard – Obama Apologizes To Castro submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- The New American – The Betrayal Of Cuba submitted by The Right Planet
- Doug Giles/Townhall –J essica Chambers:Teen Murdered Immediately After Local Blacks Called For Rape & Burning Of White Women: submitted by Nice Deb
- Victor Davis Hanson – War Clouds on the Horizon? submitted by Joshuapundit
- War Is Boring – China’s Building Stealth Fighters Faster and Faster submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Reason.Com – Don’t Try to Blame ‘Rhetoric’ for the Deaths of Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos submitted by The Razor
- Kevin D. Williamson/NRO–The United States Of Anxietysubmitted by Bookworm Room
- GotNews.com – NYPD Cop Killer Worked For Alleged Muslim Terror Front Group submitted by VA Right!
- Walter Russell Mead/The American Interest – Next Up in America: the Liberal Retreat submitted by The Glittering Eye
- The Switch/ Washington Blog – German researchers discover a flaw that could let anyone listen to your cell calls. submitted by The Watcher
- Bret Stephens/WSJ – The Marvel of American Resilience submitted by The Watcher
- Heather MacDonald/City Journal – The Big Lie of the Anti-Cop Left Turns Lethal submitted by The Watcher