Oh, the thrills and adventure…here’s our heroine, Lois Lerner using the dreaded, deadly hashtag. That’ll show them congress critters!
After hearing from the IRS that Lerner’s emails for the past two years mysteriously died in a hard drive crash, one of those congress critters, Darrell Issa, subpoenaed Lerner’s entire hard drive.
The IRS has already replied, saying well,you know, it was just sitting there not doing anything and we believe one of the guys, we can’t remember exactly who, took it home to use it as a boat anchor. But that didn’t work so good because it was too light, and it was too heavy to be a decent fishing sinker. So if we remember right, the story was that he cut it loose and threw it overboard and as far as we know it’s somewhere at the bottom of Chesapeake Bay. Or it might have happened when he took his boat down river to Virginia, no one’s really sure. Anyway, it’s not here anymore. We regret that we can’t be of more help, really we do.
This, I believe is what our grandfathers would have referred to as a real fish story.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday morning.
This week’s contest is dedicated to kidnap victims Ya’akov Naftali (ben Rachel Devorah), Gilad Michael (ben Bat Galim), and Eyal (Ben Iris) Teshura. Please pray for their safe return.
The Council In Action!!
*VA Right’s Tom White is on quite a roll after being one of the few political writers if not the only one to correctly predict Eric Cantor’s demise in his native Virginia! He’s been cited numerous places, was the subject of a laudatory article by NewsMax and was interviewed by, among other places, the Washington Post and The Columbia Journalism Review, and we’ll definitely have those links for you once they’re up. Council Akbar!!
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
To bring something to my attention simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- Liberty’s Spirit – The Humanitarian Crisis of Illegal Immigration and Its Underlying Meaning
- The Independent Sentinel – A Marxist President and a Fundamental Change We Can’t Recover From
- The Noisy Room – Obama Facilitates The Rise Of The Caliphate
- The Razor – The Fact the GOP Leadership Is Stunned Says it All
- Joshuapundit – Kerry Signals That Joint Military Action With Iran In Iraq Is Imminent
- VA Right! – Setting Realistic Expectations on 7th District Funding – A Response to Anonymous Email
- The Glittering Eye –Failure Is An Orphan
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Priorities
- Nice Deb – Issa Subpoenas IRS Commissioner – IRS Required By Law To Keep Records of all Agency
- The Right Planet – The Blame Bush Meme
- Rhymes With Right – Thoughts On The Cantor Loss
- Bookworm Room – Bookworm’s 5 Point Gun Manifesto: Or Why I believe in Gun Rights
- Ask Marion – Should Stupid Is As Stupid Does Be America’s New Motto? And How Did We Get Here
- Simply Jews – Finally! Blondes exonerated. So?
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Target Tehran
- MidKnight Review – Why are mass shootings in our schools, almost non-existent in heavily populated, non-white, poorer, inner-city school districts? We have the answer (perhaps).
- Right Truth – Planned Parenthood Tells Dem Legislators To Support Sex-Selection Abortions…
- The Pirate’s Cove – Berkley Looking To Save Us From Climate Change Using Stickers!
- David Gerstman/Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Massive Manhunt Underway for 3 Kidnapped Israeli Teens
- Mark Steyn – The Unmaking of the American World submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Jonathan Turley.com – Hot Dog Crimes: Five Guys Restaurants Could Be Committing A Crime For Selling “Kosher Style” Hot Dogs In Washington State submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Mark Steyn – “Harmless as an Enemy, Treacherous as a Friend” submitted by The Noisy Room
- Adam Garfinkle/American Interest – Iraq: What A way To Go submitted by The Razor
- Victor Davis Hanson – The New Children’s Crusade submitted by Joshuapundit
- Flopping Aces – IRS regulations require e-mails that are “federal records” to be stored in separate, permanent system submitted by VA Right!
- Syria Comment – The Future of ISIS and the Sectarian Response: ISIS has Picked a Fight it Cannot Win submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Francis Fukuyama/WSJ – At the ‘End of History’ Still Stands Democracy submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Father Z – Nancy “the Theologian” Pelosi scolds Archbp. Cordileone submitted by Nice Deb
- American Civil Rights Union – Bergdahl: They Don’t Care About the Law, Get Over It submitted by The Right Planet
- Patterico’s Pontifications – Are the Cartels Using the U.S Government to Deliver Their Footsoldiers Into the United States? submitted by Rhymes with Right
- James Lewis/American Thinker – Obama’s Children’s Crusade submitted by Bookworm Room
- Ryan Scott Welch/American Thinker – How the Tea Party Took Over the GOP in Texas submitted by Ask Marion
- Joy Pullmann/The Federalist – Everyone Say It Loudly: We Need Men submitted by The Watcher
- Dick Cheney, Liz Cheney/WSJ – The Collapsing Obama Doctrine submitted by The Watcher
- Blazing Cat Fur – Iraq: Maliki accuses Saudi Arabia of backing rebels submitted by The Watcher
- Andrew McCarthy – Don’t Blame Iraq on Obama Alone submitted by Watcher