Piers Morgan To ‘Quit’ CNN Show… Before They Asked Him to Leave!
While it looked like a good idea for a while to have a mendacious blowhard with an obnoxious foreign accent on the air people would tune in just to dislike, eventually it got old, the novelty wore off and his ratings plummeted. So he’s now ‘resigning’ from CNN’s prime time 9 PM slot:
“It’s been a painful period and lately we have taken a bath in the ratings,” he said.
“Look, I am a British guy debating American cultural issues, including guns, which has been very polarizing, and there is no doubt that there are many in the audience who are tired of me banging on about it,” he said. Perhaps Piers should have checked back with some of his British friends and family now and again, many of whom who are now extremely sorry they gave up their right to bear arms and are warning us not to!
“That’s run its course and Jeff and I have been talking for some time about different ways of using me.”
‘Jeff’, by the way is Jeff Zucker, formerly chief of NBC, who inherited Piers Morgan from his predecessor Jonathan Klein when he took over.
Morgan’s contract runs out in September, so I’m certain Jeff Zucker has some ideas about different ways to use him effectively until then:
After that, it’s anyone’s guess, since he’s unemployable in the UK after being caught faking stories while working at The Daily Mirror. MSNBC perhaps? Or maybe he could go back to judging talent shows part time.
In any event, CNN has finally had enough.
February 24, 2014 By Mollie Hemingway – The Federalist
CNN has finally put the Piers Morgan show out of its misery, announcing that the barely-watched show has been canceled. Let’s remember 10 of the worst moments Morgan’s had recently. (Sad trombone sound here.)
1. Despite speaking no Mandarin Chinese, pronouncing candidate Jon Huntsman’s as “spectacularly good!” Even Huntsman — Huntsman! — pointed out that Piers Morgan would have no way of knowing.
2. Jeremy Clarkson accomplishes what most of us have only dreamed of: “Yeah, I punched him.”
This entire interview is great. “Every woman asks ‘why’ I hit him. Every man asks ‘where’ I hit him.”
3. In which the least stupid thing Piers Morgan says is “Category error? Category error? I don’t even know what that is!” Somehow Jonah Goldberg avoids punching him.
4. It’s not just Morgan’s obsession with gun control but the instability he displays as he repeatedly loses debates on the topic.
5. In fact, Morgan is so inept at gun control debates that he actually lost a debate with conspiracy-monger Alex Jones.
(CNN) — Was it a debate? A berating? A surreal televised “stunt”? No matter what you call radio host Alex Jones’ appearance on “Piers Morgan Tonight,” one thing is certain: It’s generating a great deal of social media buzz.
It’s probably worth noting that Morgan tried to describe Jones as a conservative to make the “right” look bad.
6. Piers Morgan is so bad at life that he can’t even do puffy celebrity interviews.
7. His idea of a good question is “Hey, what if your daughter were raped?”
8. He’s a Vatican truther.
9. He’s so frightened of his intellectual betters that he resorts to “shocking dehumanizing ostracism and taunting” of them.
Instead, Anderson was placed about 15 feet away from Morgan and Orman, among the audience, and had to debate from a distance. The message, in both the language used by Morgan and Orman, and the physical placement of Anderson on the set, was clear: they thought him morally inferior.
10. He’s so frightened of his intellectual betters that he’s scared to debate them.