Ah, Thanksgiving… or more accurately this year, an interesting occurrence called Thanksnukkah, as Thanksgiving and Hannukah, the Jewish Festival of Lights and miracles overlap in a rare convergence that won’t happen again for some 70,000 years or so, thanks to the Judaism’s lunar calendar. The culinary possibilities are endless… latkes with pumpkin fillings, you name it. But for some interesting ideas for your Thanksgiving meal, I’ve provided a little something for you, an automatic Thanksgiving menu generator. Try it, it’s fun, even if someone still has to do the actual cooking.
I may have gotten some of the details on that last part just a bit wrong… I think. 😉
Our president was involved in the festivities as well, giving generously to our new Iranian friends and engaging in the old tradition of giving a presidential pardon to two turkeys. This years’ recipients of the president’s full pardon are named Holder and Sebelius. While pardoning the actual foul, it turned out that one of the lucky birds, Popcorn, had more sense than most Americans; he tried to bite the president ;-). And according to Jay Leno, Popcorn had requested no photographs beforehand. The president also left out God in his annual Thanksgiving message for the 5th year in a row… why change a trend, I guess?
In any event, we here at the Council wish all of you a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving, and Chag Hannukah Sameach to those of you whom celebrate it.
And of course, a special Thanksgiving wish to those members of our American family whom are spending the holidays away from home and their families and protecting the rest of us so that we can fully enjoy our holiday in peace and freedom with our loved ones. You are not forgotten,believe me.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- Liberty’s Spirit – Willful Blindness of Jewish-Americans and the Wishful Thinking of Israeli-Jews
- The Noisy Room – One Giant Leap Towards War
- The Political Commentator – Obama’s Iran Deal Guarantees a Nuclear Iran!
- The Mellow Jihadi – Getting Hammered with the Admiral
- Joshuapundit – Israel, Obama And Iran – When The Rubber Meets The Road
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Grand Strategy Passé?
- The Colossus of Rhodey – The NarrativeTM a.k.a. Delusion
- The Right Planet – Progressive Racism
- Nice Deb – When Is Obama Going To Publicly Condemn The Knock-Out Game?
- Bookworm Room – Ladies and gentlemen, this isn’t appeasement — it’s worse than that *UPDATED*
- VA Right! – If Obamacare Were Auto Insurance – Explaining the Failures in More Familiar Terms
- Rhymes With Right – Harry Reid And Senate Dems Engage In “Unconstitutional Abuse Of Power”
- The Glittering Eye – Thinking About the Agreement With Iran
- The Razor – Bullying Has Far Reaching Consequences
- Ask Marion – Obama Thanksgiving Disgrace
- The Pirate’s Cove – HuffPo Writer Really Hates Thanksgiving
- Right Truth – Thanksgiving Time 2013
- Daphne Anson – Israel’s Ambassador Taub Looks On The Sunni Side Of The Iran Deal
- William Kristol/Weekly Standard – No Deal submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Mark Steyn/NRO – Knockouts High and Low submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Weekly Standard – Abject Surrender by the United States submitted by The Political Commentator
- Sile In Portales – Dark Day submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Timon Dias/Gatestone Institute – European Anti-Semitism and the Fear of Muslims submitted by Joshuapundit
- Council on Foreign Relations Backgrounder – Pakistan’s New Generation of Terrorists submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Open Market.Org – Disregard Toxic Advice on Turkey Day submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Free Republic – The Pilgrims’ Short Lived Experiment in Communism submitted by The Right Planet
- Ron Fournier/National Journal – Obama’’s Image Machine: Monopolistic Propaganda Funded by You submitted by Nice Deb
- Weekly Standard/Lee Smith – Kerry says “no daylight” submitted by Bookworm Room
- Hot Air – Uh oh: Another ObamaCare “success” story turns sour for White House submitted by VA Right!
- Big Jolly Politics – Houston Mayor Annise Parker playing a dangerous game submitted by Rhymes with Right
- John Allen Gay/ The National Interest – Interpreting the New Iran Deal submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Clay Shirky –Healthcare.gov and the Gulf Between Planning and Reality submitted by The Razor
- Bill Whittle – The Hammer Of Reality submitted by The Watcher
- Ace Of Spades HQ – Mark Halperin: Gee, I Guess You’re Right, I Guess Maybe The Media Didn’t Really Vet Obamacare to the Extent It Vetted, Say, Joe the Plumber submitted by Watcher
Happy Thanksnukkah… Thanksgiving and Hannukah, to one and all!!