Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s contest is dedicated to Senator Ted Cruz… for sheer, magnificent courage under fire…
Americans who despair of the future of our country will receive a welcome shot of hope today, as a brave man stands up for freedom no matter the cost.
Texas Senator Ted Cruz is speaking on the Senate floor, vowing to talk against ObamaCare ‘until I can stand no more.’
He began at 2:41 p.m. ET, and can talk up until noon tomorrow, when under the Senate rules he has to stop, and the Senate would proceed to vote on ending debate and bringing the spending bill to the floor.
This isn’t technically a filibuster, unfortunately. Harry Reid saw to that by quickly locking in the floor schedule early Monday, and that forces the chamber to vote by Wednesday afternoon.
“I want to disabuse everyone. There will be no filibuster today,” Mr. Reid said as he opened the Senate floor action for the day.
I want to reiterate the political games going on here. Cruz supports the House bill defunding ObamaCare, but if Democrat majority leader Harry Reid can get 60 votes for cloture in order to end debate, Reid can pass a new budget that funds ObamaCare by a simple majority and send it back to the House. If Reid can’t get cloture, the budget bill stays in the Senate and forces Reid and the Democrats to publicly own both ObamaCare and the onus for shutting the government down.
The RINOs in the Senate are going to try to fool you by voting for cloture to shaft Cruz and the conservatives, and then cast a symbolic, futile vote for the doomed bill, so they can go home in 2014 and lie to you about how they ‘voted against ObamaCare’.
Don’t let them do it.
Call, e-mail, fax and tweet your senators and let them them know you understand this scam, and that a vote for cloture on their part is a vote for ObamaCare.
You can watch (or at least listen to) Senator Cruz live here. The link may take a while to load. That alone should tell you America is tuning in. Or go to C-SPAN2 on your TV.
As I post this at 5:54a.m. ET, Ted Cruz is still going strong!!
Go Here if You Need Your Senator’s Contact Information and Get-Involved… Tell Your Senator to Vote Against Cloture!
This week, Ask Marion, Daphne Anson, The Pirate’s Cove and Right Truth earned honorable mention status with some great articles.
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- Joshuapundit – This Time It’s Nairobi’s Turn
- The Noisy Room – Parent Arrested from Common Core Meeting for Speaking Out of Turn
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Marvel goes the P.C. route — again
- The Political Commentator – Bernanke’s successor will be caught between reality and a hard place!
- The Razor – Ignore Iran Today – But Not Tomorrow
- Simply Jews – John McCain vs Vladimir Putin: an abject failure of good intentions
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Lincoln’s Confederate
- Bookworm Room – Is Ted Cruz’’s promised Obamacare filibuster the equivalent of King Leonidas’s stand at Thermopylae?
- Liberty’s Spirit – Politically correct dilettantes devoid of morality and a spine
- Nice Deb – Obama Waives Federal Law That Prevents Arming of Terrorists So He Can Arm The Syrian Rebels
- VA Right! – ‘Impotent Eric’ Cantor WILL APPROVE Obamacare Before All is Said and Done. Virginia WILL GET Cantorcare
- The Glittering Eye – Life in the Petri Dish
- The Right Planet – Defining the Enemy — Islamic Terror
- The Mellow Jihadi – Easy-peasy for Japanesey…
- Rhymes With Right – Palin Is Right On Ted Cruz Attackers
- Daphne Anson – The Muslim Anti-Israel Blame Game: A Turk Who Gets It & A Palestinian Who Sort Of Does
- Ask Marion – Conservatives verses Liberals and Why Conventional Thought on Liberals and Conservatives Might No Longer Hold True, Especially for Millennials
- The Pirate’s Cove – It’s One Blow After Another To ObamaCare
- Right Truth – An Open Letter To San Diego State University
- Victor Davis Hanson – Our Truest Lies submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sarah Palin/Breitbart – Bombs Away on Obamacare; Cruz Is over the Target submitted by The Noisy Room
- Buckhorn Road – Was it something they ate? A description of my class from Hell submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Mises Daily – Fear the Boom, Not the Bust submitted by The Political Commentator
- Adam Garfinkle – More Curiouser submitted by The Razor
- The Passing Parade – Interesting times we live in, aren’t they? submitted by Simply Jews
- DoD Buzz – AirSea Battle Adds Substance to Concept submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Glenn Reynolds – Obama selfish, stubborn on health care submitted by Bookworm Room
- Mark Steyn – Next Stop, Banana Republic submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- John Hayward/The Conversation – Peeling back the banana republic submitted by Nice Deb
- Newsbusters – MRC Study Documents Virginia Newspapers’ Viciously Negative Slant on GOP Gubernatorial Candidate submitted by VA Right!
- Self-Styled Siren – The Collaboration: Hollywood’s Pact With Hitler submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Accuracy In Media – New York Times Exposes Marxist Mayoral Candidate submitted by The Right Planet
- The Independent Sentinel –New York City’s Bleak Future with Bill de Blasio submitted by The Watcher
- Gates Of Vienna – On Force, Control, and Freedom submitted by The Watcher
- Melanie Phillips – A Devastating Truth submitted by The Watcher
Enjoy! And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us Twitter..’cause we’re cool like that!
Pingback: It s a Wrap!! Ask Marion 9.22.13 – 9.29.13 | askmarion