The Watcher’s Council Has Spoken!, the votes have been cast, and we have the results for this week’s Watcher’s Council match up.
But first, we have some important business to take care of, we do. We have an important day coming up, the birthday of our very own Courtney Messerschmidt!!! Yes, our very own GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD has a birthday coming up.
I hope she wears the famous lamb’s head hat to our do. The actual day is Sunday, but any excuse for a party, no?
We’ll start, I think with this luscious Mahogany Devil’s Food Cake:
Some Veuve Cliquot, I think …
Oh, and some Jägermeister, because I know she likes it.
And some special entertainment…Jeff Dunham and Achmed, the Dead Terrorist:
From the time I first ran into her site and recruited her for our group, I have always loved it that Courtney writes about serious subjects in her own unique way, treating English like a foreign language, (sorta like James Joyce meets Clausewitz on ‘shrooms) but what stands out most about her for me is her sense of fun.I can always count on her to do something that makes me laugh. Who else would find a typeface that prints everything backwards and send me an e-mail written with it?
This is more important than it seems, because with what’s going on nowadays, it’s all too easy to forget sometimes that it’s supposed to be fun.
It’s truly a pleasure to have her as my friend and as part of the Council, and I’m very glad she’s here.
Have an absolutely fabulous birthday, Courts …Many more.
OK, this week’s results.
We had a tie this week in our Council category between The IRS Scandal Now Leads Directly To The White House by Joshuapundit and Nice Deb’s Al Sharpton Rallied With New Black Panthers As They Passed Out Zimmerman ‘Dead or Alive’ Flyers (Video).
Part of my gig when these things happen is to break these ties, and it’s with great pleasure that I declare Nice Deb’s Al Sharpton Rallied With New Black Panthers As They Passed Out Zimmerman ‘Dead or Alive’ Flyers (Video) this week’s winner!
It’s a a fine piece that gives unique perspective of how the Obama Department of Justice aided and abetted by Obama intimate Al Sharpton ginned up protests and did nothing to stop the New Black Panther Party from putting a bounty on George Zimmerman’s head – something that’s supposed to be a felony. Here’s a slice:
The Last Refuge’s epic, blockbuster, follow-the-money, tour de force, A Nation of George Zimmermans Awakened – Understand The Fraud – Post Verdict of Acquittal discovers the race baiting networks that fanned the flames, and introduces you to a cast of shady characters who lined their pockets pushing a fraudulent racialist narrative. Believe it or not, there’s also a Pigford link to this fiasco.
I want to focus on the New Black Panthers who rallied with Al Sharpton at Mellon Park on March 22nd, 2012, and openly handed out flyers to the crowd (with which no one seemed to have a problem.)
Al Sharpton whipped up the crowd with a mortifying, race-baiting speech, and with NBPP members standing directly in front of the stage.
“We are tired of going to jail for nothing and others going home for something. Zimmerman should have been arrested that night … you cannot defend yourself against a pack of Skittles and iced tea. Don’t talk to us like we’re stupid! Don’t talk to us like we’re ignorant! We love our children like you love yours. Lock him up!”
… Trayvon represents a reckless disregard for our [black] lives that we’ve seen for too long, and we’ve come here tonight to tell you enough is enough….
…. you thought it was hot,…. well, the heat has just arrived….
In March of 2012, Al Sharpton also appeared at a Sanford City Council meeting where he called out the City Government, council members, Mayor and City Manager:
…you are risking going down as Birmingham and Selma in the twenty first century… You are making the world know you as a place of racial intolerance…. you have compromised the reputation of your city for one man….
“MSNBC would like to set the record straight following some misinformation presented by Fox News during the interview with George Zimmerman last night,” MSNBC wrote in a statement sent to POLITICO. “Reverend Al Sharpton never ‘rushed to judgment,’ as stated by Mr. Hannity. Reverend Sharpton repeatedly called for calm and for a more thorough investigation in the wake of the tragic events. Ultimately, the authorities agreed an arrest was warranted.”
The credibility impaired network has every reason to be worried that their already damaged reputation is about to take another major hit with Zimmerman’s defamation lawsuit in the works.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Victor Davis Hanson with Facing Facts about Race submitted by Joshuapundit. It’s about what you’d think it’s about. Do read it.
Here are this week’s full results.Bookworm Room and Simply Jews were unable to vote this week, but were not affected by the 2/3 vote penalty.:
- *First place with 4 1/3 votes! Nice Deb – Al Sharpton Rallied With New Black Panthers As They Passed Out Zimmerman ‘Dead or Alive’ Flyers (Video)
- Second place with 3 1/3 votes – Joshuapundit – The IRS Scandal Now Leads Directly To The White House
- Third place with 2 votes – The Political Commentator – Two Marines who made a decision to die!
- Fourth place with 1 2/3 votes – The Noisy Room- Games Without Frontiers – the American Battlefield
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Glittering Eye-The Racism In Our Minds
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Liberty’s Spirit-Sometimes a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words: Rolling Stone’s Miscalculation
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Simply Jews – What is Richard Falk missing in the Snowden affair?
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Razor – New Scientist Off Its Environmental Nut: Advocates for More Dams
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right! – Governor McDonnell Delivers Richard Nixon’s ‘I AM NOT A CROOK’ Speech
- First place with 3 votes! – Victor Davis Hanson – Facing Facts about Race submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place with 1 2/3 votes – WSJ/Radley Balko – The Rise of the Warrior Cop submitted by The Razor
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Gates Of Vienna – Too Cowardly for The Conversation? submitted by The Watcher
- Third place*t* with 1 1/3 votes – Discriminations – Obama And The History Alibi submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Thomas Sowell – Is This Still America? submitted by Nice Deb
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 votes – Kurt Schlichter/Townhall.com – Defending American Principles Is Now a Revolutionary Act
submitted by The Right Planet
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Sad Red Earth – Helen Thomas and Oedipus submitted by Simply Jews
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – War On The Rocks – Strategy and AirSea Battle submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote –The Daily Howler – We keep returning to this editorial! submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Veterans Today – Framing the Patsy: The Case of Lee Harvey Oswald submitted by The Political Commentator
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Weekly Standard/ Daniel Halper – J Street Visits Arafat’s Memorial submitted by Liberty’s Spirit
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Sultan Knish – The Eagle Has Landed submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fifth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Prairie Pundit – Abbott says Democrats discriminate against Hispanic voters submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Ask Marion – And the Race-Baiting Continues… Divide and Conquer
- The Pirate’s Cove – Obamacare Desperation: Meeting With Celebs Who’ll Never Use It To Push It
See you next week! Don’t forget to tune in on Monday AM for this week’s Watcher’s Forum, as the Council and their invited special guests take apart one of the provocative issues of the day with short takes and weigh in…don’t you dare miss it. And don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter…..’cause we’re cool like that!