By: Trevor Loudon – New Zeal
Millions of Americans have had their thinking shaped by armies of Soviet/Russian disinformation agents.
Moscow, for decades, has been pumping lies into the West, that have now become received truths, even to many conservatives.
The CIA killed Kennedy (almost certainly the Cubans), American soldiers routinely committed atrocities in Vietnam (John Kerry helped spread these lies), the CIA trafficked crack cocaine into black communities, 9/11 was an “inside job”, Vladimir Putin is a Christian who will save Europe from the Muslims (he controls the Muslims) and most recently, the NSA is a danger to all Americans and should be stripped of its surveillance powers – all are examples of Moscow directed disinformation.
All are designed to turn Americans against their own country, to effectively turn patriotic Americans into unwitting agents of America’s enemies.
Now, former Romanian intelligence chief, Ion Pacepa, the highest ranking ever East Bloc defector, has written a must read book for all thinking Westerners.
Pacepa explains how the old Soviet Union and modern Russia employ thousands of operatives whose job it is to spread anti-American lies and half truths around the world.
The scope and sheer shameless evil of this program is breathtaking. Almost all of us have been influenced by Moscow’s disinformation themes. For many, including some who self-identify as patriots and conservatives, Moscow is able to guide their actions, by corrupting the information they receive.
This is not a historical problem. This is happening, on a grand scale, right here, right now. You are almost certainly, at least a partial victim of this diabolic enterprise.
George Noory, host of the nation’s No. 1 nighttime radio talk show “Coast to Coast AM,” kicked off a marathon three-hour interview with WND Managing Editor David Kupelian and historian Ronald Rychlak on the wildly exotic subject of disinformation.
Rychlak is the co-author, and Kupelian the editor, of the much-talked-about new book, “Disinformation: Former Spy Chief Reveals Secret Strategies for Undermining Freedom, Attacking Religion, and Promoting Terrorism,” published by WND Books. Both Kupelian and Rychlak are also featured in the companion WND Films documentary, “Disinformation: The Secret Strategy to Destroy the West,” for which Kupelian helped write the script. The two-hour movie shot to the top of the Amazon bestseller list for film documentaries within two days of its June 25 release.
However, the main author of the “Disinformation” book – and the focal point of the movie – Lt. Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa, could not appear on “Coast to Coast,” indeed, does not make any media appearances at any time, nor does he ever even appear in public as the highest ranking Soviet bloc spy chief ever to defect to America.
That’s because, at 84, Pacepa lives in the U.S. under a CIA-protective identity due to ongoing assassination threats and multi-million-dollar bounties on his head. As Kupelian said on “C2C,” “there’s a price to pay for turning your back on evil.”
Rychlak and Kupelian told Noory and his millions of loyal Coast to Coast AM listeners that Pacepa is a rare person – someone once involved with mass deception at the very highest levels of the vast Soviet bloc intelligence machine, and who, due to a crisis of conscience, “left the dark side” and defected to America. After doing so in 1978, Pacepa became a major asset to the America’s intelligence community. Indeed, the CIA has praised Pacepa’s cooperation for providing “an important and unique contribution to the United States,” and President Ronald Reagan (seen below holding Pacepa’s first book, “Red Horizons”) reportedly referred to it as “my bible for dealing with dictators.”
“Disinformation” includes the following remarkable revelations:
- How destroying the reputation of good leaders has been developed into a high art and science.
- How Pope Pius XII – a generation ago the world’s most high-profile Christian leader, who personally saved countless Jews from Hitler’s Holocaust – was transformed, through the magic of disinformation, into a Nazi sympathizer.
- How Christianity and Judaism have been targeted for constant denigration and defamation through an ongoing campaign of disinformation.
- How the Soviet bloc planted 4,000 agents of influence in the Islamic world, armed with hundreds of thousands of copies of the most infamous anti-Semitic book in history, to fan the flames of ancient Arab resentments against the U.S. and Israel and sow the seeds of anti-Semitism that would later bloom in the form of violence and terror toward Jews and Christians.
- How the defamatory attacks on American soldiers John Kerry made before Congress upon his return from Vietnam – charges later discredited and repudiated – were identical to a contemporaneous KGB disinformation campaign concocted to turn Americans against their own leaders.
- How supposedly respectable institutions like the World Council of Churches have long been infiltrated and controlled by Russian intelligence.
- How much of the world came to believe that the U.S. government itself masterminded the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
- How the Soviet Union has been transformed into the first intelligence dictatorship in history.
- How disinformation is still very much alive in the age of Obama, remaining a powerful engine in the ongoing socialist transformation of America.
Former CIA director R. James Woolsey says this about “Disinformation”: “This remarkable book will change the way you look at intelligence, foreign affairs, the press, and much else besides.” And best-selling author and Cold War historian, Professor Paul Kengor, says simply: “Here is a work that many of us have been waiting for; a book that – dare I say – history has been waiting for.”
“Disinformation” is not for everyone. Most people can’t handle having their assumptions challenged to this degree.
If you think you can, order Disinformation: Former Spy Chief Reveals Secret Strategy for Undermining Freedom, Attacking Relig…