It’s one of the more interesting months, somehow not quite summer but not quite Autumn.It’s a transition month between the two, a time for ramping things up as we head for the year’s end. And that’s never more true than in an election year.
The conventions, watched by one of the smallest audiences ever are over and done with, as Americans begin, as they historically do, to pay close attention to the elections.
In spite of a massive campaign by the media to convince the American people that the campaign is over and Barack Obama is headed towards re-election, the real, uncooked numbers suggest otherwise and the election pretty much remains a dead heat, and likely will until the debates. I guarantee you, a lot more people will be watching the debates than the conventions.
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive and well written blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published)anywhere in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category.
Then just return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.Simple, no?
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Noisy Room – The Mosaic Of War
- The Independent Sentinel – Healthy, Hunger-Causing School Lunches – Government Gone Mad
- The Political Commentator – Breaking up can be hard to do but Obama has simply left her no choice! (Video)
- Simply Jews – Skip a meal to vote a pol in?
- Joshuapundit – How The NYT Commemorates 9/11: ‘It Was Bush’s Fault’
- The Mellow Jihadi – Pure Communism in Panera Bread
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Springtime Palestine?
- Bookworm Room – No, the polls aren’t bothering me
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Idiot Talks To An Idiot
- The Razor – The GOP: The Short Bus Party
- The Glittering Eye –Desperately Seeking Coherence
- VA Right! – Gallup Polls Have Been Compromised by the White House and are No Longer Credible
- The Right Planet – Plutocracy of the Damned (Part 4)
- Rhymes With Right – Obama Administration Surrenders To Islamists On 9/11 Anniversary As Muslims Murder American Diplomatic Personnel!
- Gay Patriot – In Memorium: James Joseph Ferguson, Lost Sept. 11, 2001
- Right Truth – September 11, 2001 remembered as never before
- Maggie’s Notebook – God v Godless: Dems Lost God AND Their “God-Given Potential” and Liked It
- The Pirates Cove – Mostly Non-Radical Egyptians Assault U.S. Embassy
- Ask Marion – Bill, Ted, Antonio, Joe, Debbie and Friends Take Us All to an Alternative Universe…
- Caroline Glick – God, Jerusalem and American foreign policy submitted by The Noisy Room
- Cowboy Bytes – Romney flexes foreign policy stance, calls again for ‘crippling sanctions’ on Iran submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Jewish Press –Disturbing Trends At Fox News submitted by The Political Commentator
- The Passing Parade – Seafood, All You Can Eat submitted by Simply Jews
- Michelle Malkin – Chicago thuggery personified: Meet Chicago Teachers’ Union president Karen Lewis submitted by Joshuapundit
- Shining Pearls of Something – A letter to a future daughter-in-law submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Think Progress – 9/11 And ‘Blowback’ submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Reason TV–The Machine: The Truth Behind Teachers Unions submitted by Bookworm Room
- Buckhorn Road – My first dissatisfied customer of this school year submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Taki’s Magazine – An Overdose of Hope submitted by The Razor
- According To Hoyt – Eleven Years submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Media Trackers – Newspapers Enable PolitiFact Ohio’s Liberal Biassubmitted by VA Right!
- American Spectator – It’s God’s Fault submitted by The Right Planet
- Open Market/Hans Bader – Fact Checking Lilly Ledbetter’s False Speech At The Democratic National Convention submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Business Insider/RortyBomb Blog – The Complete Guide To America’s Jobs Crisis And The Failure Of Monetary Policy Using Animated Gifs * submitted by The Watcher
(*WARNING – Language advisory for some of the gifs on this one!!)
- Zombie – Sluts On Parade: SlutWalk SF 2012 submitted by The Watcher