As the EU continues to implode economically, many people see a corresponding rise in nationalism..in some cases, extreme nationalism with all that entails. This week’s winner, The Noisy Room with The Fascist Boogie Fever sees what’s currently going on in Greece with the Golden Dawn movement as symptomatic of this trend and carried off this week’s honors with a very well written piece. Here’s a slice:
All hail, or should we say ‘heil,’ the rise of the Golden Dawn fascists in Greece. It’s all the rage (literally) in the streets of Greece these days. They now hold 21 seats in the Greek government – about 7% of the controlling body – and combined with the Communists, that control is closer to 20%. And their influence is not only growing there, but in Europe and the US. The darkness is rising once again and the Golden Dawn is telling those in power they should fear them now and indeed, they should take those threats to heart. Golden Dawn is demanding the respect of the Greek people and, with their violent stance, they may enforce it.
From The Blaze:
Golden Dawn leader Nikolaos Michaloliakos told The Associated Press in an interview that his party had delivered a blow against the country’s corrupt leadership.
“They slandered us, slung mud at us, and shut us out of all the news media – the TV channels of the corrupt elite – and we beat them,” the 55-year-old leader said as the votes came in. “The day of national revolution by the Greeks has begun against those who are selling us out and looting the sweat of the Greek people.”
History is repeating and a new horror is spreading its wings across the globe and few seem to be taking note of it. France just elected a Socialist leader (actually he’s a Communist; you say potato…) and Islamic fascism via The Muslim Brotherhood and al Qaeda is sweeping the Middle East. Look at history: Hitler and Islam joined hands in a Kumbaya moment of sociopathic murderous glee to slaughter the Jews last time and you are seeing the exact same moves today. Once again, America sits quietly by as the vilest of coalitions forms to engulf humanity while Satan laughs with delight. Iran is doing the nuclear bump as its evil imp of a leader boldly proclaims that war is not needed to defeat Israel. No… cutting ties and dirty looks should do the trick. Okay, you can stop choking with laughter now. Ahmadinejad is the ultimate trickster – I firmly believe he wants to nuke Israel into the afterlife and you are nuts if you can’t see that. We are on his enemies list as well – right at the top of it actually, with Israel a close second. A well placed EMP or two should take care of the US in the imp’s viewpoint and he may well be right.
In our non-Council category, the winner was Mark Steyn with The Spirit of Geert Wilders his intro to Geert Wilder’s new book, submitted by Joshuapundit.
Coming up next week!!! Be sure and visit the Watcher’s Council site Monday for next week’s Watcher’s Council Forum question, which will feature various members and guests weighing in on one of today’s issues …and on Tuesday, the return of Head to Head, where two Council members square off and debate an issue. Next week’s debate features Joshuapundit and GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD throwing down on Afghanistan, and it promises to be quite an entertaining cage match.Don’t you dare miss either of these!!
Without further ado, here are this week’s full results. Only New Zeal was unable to vote this week, and only New Zeal was affected by the 2/3 vote penalty:
- *First place with 3 1/3 votes! The Noisy Room The Fascist Boogie Fever
- Second place *t* with 2 1/3 votes – Joshuapundit The New Egypt’s Politics: Who Can Demonize Jews And Israel The Most??
- Second place *t* with 2 1/3 votes – Bookworm Room Presidential Election 2012: Eddie Haskell versus Ward Cleaver
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes – The Razor The Myth of an Unbiased Media
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Gay Patriot Marriage to Ann seems to have ended Mitt’s adolescent unruliness
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Right Planet Syria
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – New Zeal Communists in Congress? (1) Hansen Clarke (D) Michigan
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – VA Right! A Million Souls Up In Heaven
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Mellow Jihadi Breastfeeding, By Any Weans Necessary
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Political Commentator Syosset, New York: Political smear campaign or just a big old coincidence?
- First place with 2 2/3 votes! – Mark Steyn The Spirit of Geert Wilders submitted by Joshuapundit
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes – Tablet My Mother’s Loving Silence submitted by The Political Commentator
- Second place *t* with 1 2/3 votes –Via Meadia BBC And The Jews submitted by The Razor
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –Barry Rubin What Do Egyptians Want? A Democratically Elected Islamist Dictatorship submitted by Simply Jews
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –Gates Of Vienna The Three Cs submitted by The Watcher
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes –The Daily Big Hearted Mitt submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fourth place with 1 vote FrontPage Mag The Rise Of The Saudi SuperState submitted by The Right Planet
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Thomas Sowell – A Censored Race War submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Ambiance I, Weed submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Compass Magic Democracy submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – All American Blogger How to Assert Copyright Over Your Work When It’s Been Plagiarized (Video) submitted by VA Right!
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – 6079 Smith, W U.S. lagging Rwanda in Healthcare? submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Grantland The Inquisition of Mr. Marvel submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey