JoshuaPundit on May 02 2012
Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
Ah, the OWS movement..back again like a rancid smell you thought you’d gotten rid of in spring cleaning. Together with pals from the SEIU and other radical groups, they used the old Communist holiday of May Day to exercise their usual tyranny over other people’s rights to travel, work, buy and sell.
There was an old saying..I believe it came from Ben Franklin – that one person’s rights ended at the next man’s nose. Sadly, a lot of people seem to have forgotten that, with the result that everyone’s miserable.
However, after thinking about it, I came up with a solution that ought to make everybody as happy as rats in a cheese factory. It’s amazing what you can accomplish by simply giving people what they want.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members, while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Colossus of Rhodey – “Progressivism” = Insanity
- The Noisy Room – Pathological Politics – Predatory Partners and Persecuting Patriots
- The Political Commentator – Talking Heads say invest, invest, invest but closer inspection may say no, no, no!
- Simply Jews – On Zionist Cruelty To Minors
- Joshuapundit-Obama Campaign’s Latest Claim – ‘Romney Wouldn’t Have Ordered Bin-Laden Hit’
- The Right Planet – Re:Islam
- VA Right! - Thanks Obama:The Car Is STILL in the Ditch and Now We Are FLAT BROKE and Out of Gas!
- Bookworm Room – President Obama’s church is the Chapel of (Progressive) Democracy
- Rhymes With Right – Why Are We Dealing With This Again?
- Gay Patriot – Spiking the Osama ball, Obama forgets what team he’s on
- The Independent Sentinel – Bishops Issue Call To Action To Defend Religious Liberty
- The Glittering Eye -Common Theme/Common Solution
- The Mellow Jihadi – The Black And White Mohawk
- The Razor – Marriage and the State: It’s Time For a Divorce
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Liquidation Day: A Year After OBL’s Death
- Ask Marion – Alinsky Alive and Well in the White House
- The Stewart Blog – Turning from the Heavens
- Right Truth – FDA may let patients buy drugs without prescriptions
- Modern Sojourners – The Easy Road Of Deception
- Pirates Cove – Obama To Spike Osama Football Live From Afghanistan
- OpenMarket.org – Diversity Training Doesn’t Work, But It Persists Anyway, Due to Compulsion submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Sultan Knish –The Empire of Poverty submitted by The Noisy Room
- World Net Daily -‘Civilization Jihad’ And Obama’s Connections submitted by The Political Commentator
- Confessions of a Closet Republican – Obama’s Bin Laden Ad “Despicable” Says HuffPo’s Arianna Huffington submitted by Simply Jews
- American Digest – Abortion in America: A Personal Journey submitted by Joshuapundit
- Barry Rubin – Needed: A Marxist-Style Analysis to Understand and Combat the Extreme Left’s Hegemony submitted by The Right Planet
- Marooned In Marin – “Breitbart Is Here” DC Chapter of FreeRepublic “Freeps” The White House Correspondent’s Dinner submitted by VA Right!
- Afterburner with Bill Whittle -The Train Set submitted by Bookworm Room
- PJ Media/J. Christian Adams – DOJ Employee Contempt for Mississippi Citizens on Facebook submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Powerline -More Blowback Against Our Whiney, Immodest, And Shamelessly Self-Promoting President submitted by Gay Patriot
- National Review Online/Daniel Pipes And Steve Emerson – Chris Christie’s Islam Problem submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Patterico’s Pontifications – Let’s just say it: The Democrats are the problem submitted by The Glittering Eye
- BostonMaggie –Name A Navy Ship After MOH Recipient Tom Hudner submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Zombie –‘Unite Against the War on Women’ march, Los Angeles submitted by The Razor
- The Duck Of Minerva – “Seriously, Guys!”: How (Not) to Write About Gender and Foreign Affair submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Obama got Osama, but lost the Middle East submitted by The Watcher
- City Journal/Joel Kotkin – The New Class Warfare submitted by The Watcher