Every year the Correspondents Dinner is held in Washington D.C. and the President is supposed to display his entertaining side as well as a major comedian is asked to more or less host and either make or break his or her career. Last night it was Jimmy Kimmel.
It’s not often that we get to see the most powerful man in the world tell jokes about eating dogs, craving cigarettes and imposing his rumored “radical socialist agenda” on the country. And yet, last night in Washington, D.C., we were treated to just that. Wait, let’s not forget the toilet flush. Did we really need to envision the president sitting on the toilet, seconds before he was to address the White House Press Corps?
See: Top Jokes From Obama’s Stand-Up Routine on the Blaze
“Saturday night‘s White House Correspondents’ Dinner was well-attended — most of the familiar faces that endure the daily press briefings and follow the president around the country put on their formal attire and squeezed into a packed Hilton ballroom to watch Barack Obama open the show for Jimmy Kimmel. There were also a healthy number of famous faces from the showbiz world: Big money Obama donors George Clooney and Steven Spielberg were there, along with Kim Kardashian, Lindsay Lohan, and members of the cast of ‘Glee’.”
As Kimmel said: “Everything (everyone) that is wrong with America!
The Obama portion of the presentation lasted 17:36 and featured the president making jokes on topics including:
- Where he was born (this one starts at 3:20, and he actually winked after saying, “And I, of course, was born in Hawaii.”)
- Eating dogs (several jokes on this topic – the biggest flop starts at the 8:35 mark of the video and has almost 30 seconds of uncomfortable reactions) – “The Difference Between a Hockey Mom and a Pit Bull? A Pit Bull is Delicious”
- His rumored, radical, second term agenda
- Mitt Romney’s wealth, two Harvard degrees, and lack of hipness
- Hillary Clinton’s beer drinking in Colombia (“she won’t stop drunk texting me from Cartagena.”)
- Celebrity attendees like Kim Kardashian and the cast of Glee
President Obama‘s presentation started with a little sketch that poked fun at his recent ’hot mic‘ episode with Russia’s Dmitry Medvedev by having the audience believe that we were listening to the leader of the free world complaining about having to be at this dinner, while sitting on a toilet. That portion ended with a flush and Obama craving a cigarette.
I watched it twice on TV with twitter up reading the comments of people live tweeting. At least the people in my circle found it to be pretty and tasteless (on both sides), but Kimmel deserves some kudos for his ‘If You Don’t Have Any Guns, You Can Ask Eric Holder to Get Some for You’: Jimmy Kimmel’s Full Routine as well as his attack on Jay Carney for knowing 3-Hillary Rosens.
But my take is that Obama played it cool and delivered a perfect Saul Alinsky Speech. If you are concerned about America and want to help turn things around or if you are politically clueless and want to get a better handle of what is going on, if you haven’t already, you need to read Saul Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals plus understand the Cloward and Piven strategy, both major parts of Obama’s playbook. Mix in a little George Soros string pulling and you are headed in the right direction. Then do a little reading and digging into who BHO’s family and friends are and who he is connected to and everything will look different!
I think Alinsky would have been proud!
“Obama learned his lesson well. I am proud to see that my father’s model for organizing is being applied successfully beyond local community organizing to affect the Democratic campaign in 2008. It is a fine tribute to Saul Alinsky as we approach his 100th birthday.” –Letter from L. DAVID ALINSKY, son of Neo-Marxist Saul Alinsky
Obama helped fund ‘Alinsky Academy’: “The Woods Fund, a nonprofit on which Obama served as paid director from 1999 to December 2002, provided startup funding and later capital to the Midwest Academy…. Obama sat on the Woods Fund board alongside William Ayers, founder of the Weather Underground domestic terrorist organization…. ‘Midwest describes itself as ‘one of the nation’s oldest and best-known schools for community organizations, citizen organizations and individuals committed to progressive social change.’… Midwest teaches Alinsky tactics of community organizing.”
Hillary, Obama and the Cult of Alinsky: “True revolutionaries do not flaunt their radicalism, Alinsky taught. They cut their hair, put on suits and infiltrate the system from within. Alinsky viewed revolution as a slow, patient process. The trick was to penetrate existing institutions such as churches, unions and political parties…. Many leftists view Hillary as a sell-out because she claims to hold moderate views on some issues. However, Hillary is simply following Alinsky’s counsel to do and say whatever it takes to gain power.
“Obama is also an Alinskyite…. Obama spent years teaching workshops on the Alinsky method. In 1985 he began a four-year stint as a community organizer in Chicago, working for an Alinskyite group called the Developing Communities Project…. Camouflage is key to Alinsky-style organizing.
While trying to build coalitions of black churches in Chicago, Obama caught flak for not attending church himself. He became an instant churchgoer.” (By Richard Poe, 11-27-07)
The Alinsky Tactics (and of course they can be combined) from the Progressive Bible Rules for Radicals:
“Tactics are those conscious deliberate acts by which human beings live with each other and deal with the world around them. … Here our concern is with the tactic of taking; how the Have-Nots can take power away from the Haves.” p.126
Always remember the first rule of power tactics (pps.127-134):
1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”
2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat…. [and] the collapse of communication.
3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)
4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”
5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”
6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time….”
8. “Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.”
9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”
10. “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.”
11. “If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside… every positive has its negative.”
12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and ‘frozen.’…
I think Alinsky would have been proud of Obama’s Correspondence Dinner speech… of his whole presidency.
President Obama used Alinsky’s Tactic #5 “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”, to perfection.
He took everything that his opponents: the right in general, patriots, the GOP, people paying attention, etc. are fighting, bringing to the forefront and trying to educate the American people on and ridiculed them by ridiculing each point one by one through making it a joke… thereby making it look silly to the uninformed that anyone would question something that was so trivial that the President himself would make fun of.
Obama belittled the topics of eligibility; the hot mic incident where he essentially told the Russians to wait until he was re-elected and would have unbridled power to do what he wants; made light of eating dogs; threw in his digs at Romney for being rich and an elitist, at Gingrich for losing the GOP Primary and Hillary for drinking and partying in Cartagena; high-fived all his Hollywood celebrity friends; and basically told us to hang onto our hats for a radical second term… including reinstating ObamaCare if it was struck down and that it would be raining men during his next term (interpreted by most in the know as paratroopers and other military, including UN troops, on American soil).
Obama is the master… he told us in 2008 and wrote in his books all that he was planning to do but most of America wasn’t listening and like with Hitler… nobody read his books. And for those who were paying attention, Barack Hussein Obama’s comedy routine was only funny to those who again have not been paying attention.