Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council. Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week, The Independent Sentinel, The Grouch, Crazy Bald Guy, Knowledge Creates Power and Capitalist Preservation took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title and a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address (which won’t be published) in the comments section, no later than Monday 6 PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week…
- The Noisy Room – 2011 – Turning Our Backs on the Gods of the Copybook Headings
- Simply Jews – Hugo Chavez Reflects
- The Right Planet – Agony In The Garden
- Joshuapundit – A Bridge Too Far: CAIR Versus Bare Naked Islam
- The Political Commentator – Is it the Obama administration or Iran in charge of U.S. foreign policy?
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Civilization Continues to Crumble
- Bookworm Room – A tour de force post taking us from Google interviews, to self-esteem, to dancing men
- Rhymes With Right – Where Non-Discrimination Principles And Aiding Students Conflict
- The Glittering Eye – The American Ant Tribe
- VA Right – Why the Iowa Caucus Is (Almost!) Irrelevant
- The Razor – Israelis Stand Up to the Haredi
- The Mellow Jihadi – I Gotta Move to Texas
- Right Truth – Taliban to Gitmo: Bye-Bye!
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Kick It
- New Zeal – Communist Party Targets Veterans for Recruitment: How Will Their Skills be Used?
- The Grouch – A Caucus? A Primary? A Mess?
- Crazy Bald Guy – The Idiocy of Iowa
- Knowledge Creates Power – The Race for the White House 2012… Perhaps Not All Horses to the Gates
- The Independent Sentinel – How An Online University Pays For A Football Bowl & Scams Vets With Federal Dollars
- Capitalist Preservation – The fallacy of the minimum wage: Part One
- Daily Mail/Dominic Sandbrook – The spectre of 1932: How a loss of faith in politicians and democracy could make 2012 the most frightening year in living memory submitted by The Noisy Room
- Confessions of a Closet Republican – After Christmas Day Bombings Boko Haram Tells Nigerian Christians They Have 3 Days To Get Out submitted by Simply Jews
- Palestinian Media Watch – In newest Zayzafuna, “Palestine” still replaces all of Israel submitted by The Right Planet
- Gates Of Vienna – Driving Out The Infidel submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sultan Knish – The Year We Lost Afghanistan, Etc. submitted by The Political Commentator
- The First Street Journal – The Muslim Brotherhood Wins With an Assist submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Jon’s Deep Thoughts – Military Intelligence is an oxymoron? I think not. submitted by Bookworm Room
- Wolf Howling – Obama Signs On To Silencing Criticism Of Islam submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Alex Knapp/Outside The Beltway – Ron Paul Versus The Fourteenth Amendment submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Pajamas Media – Video: #OWS Loons Try to Disrupt Romney Speech in Iowa, and Fail submitted by VA Right
- National Review Online – Repo Men submitted by The Razor
- Seraphic Secret – Rise of the Killer Drone submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Small Wars Journal – Thinking the Unthinkable about Napalm and Flamethrowers submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Liberty’s Spirit – Big Tent Mythos submitted by Right Truth
- Powerline – Keynes Was Right–About the Jews? submitted by The Watcher
- Jay Cost – Still Romney’s Race To Lose submitted by The Watcher