Why is President Barack Obama in such a hurry to get his socialized medicine bill passed?
Because he and his cunning circle realize some basic truths:
The American people in their unimaginable kindness and trust voted for a pig in a poke in 2008. They wanted so much to believe Barack Obama was somehow better and different from other ultra-leftists that they simply took him on faith.
They ignored his anti-white writings in his books. They ignored his quiet acceptance of hysterical anti-American diatribes by his minister, Jeremiah Wright.
They ignored his refusal to explain years at a time of his life as a student. They ignored his ultra-left record as a "community organizer," Illinois state legislator, and Senator.
The American people ignored his total zero of an academic record as a student and teacher, his complete lack of scholarship when he was being touted as a scholar.
Now, the American people are starting to wake up to the truth. Barack Obama is a super likeable super leftist, not a fan of this country, way, way too cozy with the terrorist leaders in the Middle East, way beyond naïveté, all the way into active destruction of our interests and our allies and our future.
The American people have already awakened to the truth that the stimulus bill — a great idea in theory — was really an immense bribe to Democrat interest groups, and in no way an effort to help all Americans.
Now, Americans are waking up to the truth that ObamaCare basically means that every time you are sick or injured, you will have a clerk from the Department of Motor Vehicles telling your doctor what he can and cannot do.
The American people already know that Mr. Obama’s plan to lower health costs while expanding coverage and bureaucracy is a myth, a promise of something that never was and never will be — a bureaucracy lowering costs in a free society. Either the costs go up or the free society goes away.
These are perilous times. Mrs. Hillary Clinton, our Secretary of State, has given Iran the go-ahead to have nuclear weapons, an unqualified betrayal of the nation. Now, we face a devastating loss of freedom at home in health care. It will be joined by controls on our lives to "protect us" from global warming, itself largely a fraud if believed to be caused by man.
Mr. Obama knows Americans are getting wise and will stop him if he delays at all in taking away our freedoms.
There is his urgency and our opportunity. Once freedom is lost, America is lost. Wake up, beloved America.
By: Ben Stein is a writer, actor, economist, and lawyer living in Beverly Hills and Malibu. He writes "Ben Stein’s Diary" for every issue of The American Spectator – on 7.24.09 @ 9:45AM
- Obama Told Us This Was Coming… America Wasn’t Listening
- Reparations By Way of Health Care Reform
- Nobody Took Barack Obama At His Word
- Rep Conyer’s Probe of Acorn Blocked by Powers That Be
- Michelle Obama Wants More Input on the Presidents Agenda
- Acorn Cracked: Exposes ACORN’s Push for Socialized Medicine
- A Look at What is Really in the Health Care Bill (HR 3200): Chilling!
- ObamaCare for Seniors: Sorry, You’re Just Not Worth It
- Op-Ed: Obama’s Census Castrates Caucasians
- Jewish Leader Banned From Obama Meeting
- Obama’s Record of Apologies and Diminishment of his Country Continues
- The Humbling of a Superpower
- The Ten Commandments According To Obama
- DeMint: U.S. Like Germany Just Before WWII
- $23.7 Trillion to Fix Financial System?
- Stop Cap and Trade – “the biggest tax in American history”
- Meet Your Science Czar – A Must Read
- Welcome to Obamaland
- The Case Against Barack Obama
- Culture of Corruption
- American Progressivism
- Glenn Beck’s Common Sense