Introducing the GOP’s Cap-And-Tax 8…
Photoshop credit: Leo Alberti
I listed them earlier tonight, but am breaking out a separate post to spotlight them again.
The 8 cap-and-tax Republican turncoats again are:
Bono Mack (CA) (202) 225-5330
Castle (DE) (202) 225-4165
Kirk (IL) (202) 225-4385 (And he’s seriously considering running for Senate!)
Lance (NJ) (202) 225-5361
LoBiondo (NJ) (202) 225-6572
McHugh (NY) (202) 225-4611
Reichert (WA) (202) 225-7761
Smith (NJ) (202) 225-3765
(Phone numbers h/t commenter rightwingmom)
Congrats, congresspeople, you helped the Democrats pass a junk science-based, massive national energy tax. Headed to Disney World now?
We still want to know: What were your payoffs/earmarks?
Stacy McCain’s message to the NRCC: Not one red cent.
In case you were wondering, here are the 44 Democrat NAY votes:
Reminder: The two Republicans who didn’t vote: Jeff Flake (AZ) and John Sullivan (OK).
Here’s why: Flake had a “family conflict” (his daughter is reportedly in a beauty pageant in Alabama tomorrow) and Sullivan is undergoing alcohol treatment. As I noted earlier today, Dem. Rep. Patrick Kennedy was pulled out of rehab to cast his vote.
And another reminder that the full roll call vote is here.
Thanks to Michelle Malkin for her hard work!! –
The 8 cap-and-tax Republicans…and the 44 Democrats who voted no – By Michelle Malkin • June 26, 2009 10:52 PM
Tea Party Watch: Protesting the cap-and-tax cramdown
By Michelle Malkin • June 27, 2009 09:55 AM
Photoshop: Leo Alberti
It’s not just what’s in the bill. It’s the way they rammed it through the House.
Just like the porkulus: Under-handed, transparency-defying, and stuffed with earmark payoffs and bribes concocted in middle-of-the night, backroom deals.
Taxpayers are mad again. And they’re not going to sit still.
Impromptu flash protests are taking place today at state capitols and federal buildings across the country.
See what others have said:
- Cap and Trade Passes Despite Changing Climate on Climate Change | The Great Illuminator
- Time To Sound The Alarm: Call Your Representative and Senators–Cap and Trade Bill to be Voted in U.S. House on Friday–Kill The Cap and Trade Energy Tax Today! UPDATED « Pronk Palisades
- Cap and Trade GOP Eight; The Sellouts of America « VotingFemale Speaks!
- Saturday morning Linkgasms for everyone! EXCEPT sell-out RINOS! They can go “F” themselves! « The Daley Gator
- Kansas City Cap And Tax Protest/Olathe Picnic And Straw Poll « Nice Deb
- Tea Party Day: July 4th, 2009 «
- Crap and Tax protests for Saturday! | Fire Andrea Mitchell!
- Cap-and-Trade Passes in House: And Exactly Why Do These Eight Reps Call Themselves Republicans? « Quick Daily Hits — Politics and Such
- Tea Party Action On Cap And Tax « Justbkuz
- Don’t let Congress turn 2009 into 1984 – Stop the Global Warming Massive Energy Tax « Jim Blazsik
- Republican Betrayal « NEOAVATARA
- Saturday, June 27, 2009: Daily Handpicked Headlines :: Daily Uprising
- Obama Birth Certificate – Ahmadinejad Is Upset – Israel Can’t Count on America – John Bolton Article – Atlas Shrugs – Tea Parties – Michelle Malkin – The BOPAC Report « “The BOPAC Report” &
- Jeremiah Films