Make a Difference – Help Save The World From Brian Williams Style Journalism
Get Involved… Voting is a Must, But Not Enough!
The 2014 Mid-Terms were a sign that Americans are ready for a change and 2016 will define the future of America. So get involved! No more recycles... No more Clintons or Bushs! It is time for some new blood in Washington, D.C.
Reaganesque Sarah Palin is the Key for the GOP in 2016 to both beat Hillary and nullify the Dems' 'carrot' of electing the first female U.S. President!
Run Sarah Run... America Needs You!!
- Follow askmarion on WordPress.com
Palin Power 2014 – We Are Here To Save A Country
Run Sarah Run –> Join the Palin-Cruz 2016 Movement
Real Change… Checkout:
- Earth Day 2015 – 45th Anniversary… Looking Back
- Sarah Palin: Debunking the Myths of a Convention of States
- Forum: Should Federal Laws On Marijuana Be Changed?
- The Council Has Spoken – Our Watcher’s Council Results
- ISIS In Mexico, Means ISIS Is Here In The United States
- Our Weasel Of The Week!!
- Why The Gun Is Civilization
- Our Watcher’s Council Nominations – ‘Ready For Hillery’ Edition
- GOP Has Great Hopefuls… Needs Strategy
- Our Weasel Of The Week Nominees!!
- Forum: Are Negotiations With Iran Worth Continuing? Why or Why Not?
- Watcher’s Council Nominations: Bake And Submit Or Else Edition
- Our Weasel Of The Week Nominees!!
- Forum: Is Religious Freedom Seriously Threatened In America?
- The Council Has Spoken – April 3rd Results.
- Forum: What’s Your Take on The Bowe Bergdahl Situation? What Will The Outcome Be?
- Robert H. Schuller, Crystal Cathedral Megachurch Founder Has Died
- Watcher’s Council Nominations – Temper Tantrum Edition
- Our Weasel of The Week Nominees
- Forum: Is America In Decline? Why Or Why Not?
- Ted Cruz to be first to announce 2016 bid
- Obama and Kerry Seek to Finalize an Iranian Nuclear Deal as Nuclear Conflict Draws Near
- The Council Has Spoken!! Our Watcher’s Council Results 03.20.15
- Our Weasel of the Week!! 03.19.15
- Iran & Hezbollah Off Terror List – On The Record
- Nevada Law Would Make ‘Pot for Pets’ Legal
My now 20 year old daughter, Summer, was diagnosed with IBD (Irritable Bowel Disease) in her sophomore year of high school. She was on some medication for about 18 months on and off and then said she was better and didn’t need it. Whenever I would ask her after that, when she went off to college, she said she was fine, but then at the end of last year she went for a check up at Kaiser out of the blue … but had "the boyfriend" take her instead of me/us, so we weren’t there to ask questions and didn’t get much info out of her.
All of a sudden today, she writes that …. Oh by the way, "they actually have a name for what I have now and it isn’t IBD or IBS… I have colitis, which is the pre-cancer (I thnk she meant pre-cursor) to colon cancer, so if I’m not treated soon or put on meds it would have turned into cancer so I have another doctors appt aug 15th. Oh and I am also severely anemic". I’m not sure where she got this info or why all of a sudden cause I didn’t get her message till after mid-night.
Summer sometimes has (or at least has had) selective hearing and what always seemed to me a type of memory lapse… or maybe she just wasn’t listening to me?!? But her announcement simply befuddled me!!
When diagnosed, they told us that she had IBD, which was a pre-cursor to colitis or Crohn Disease, and some cases could turn into colon cancer,(which is what my father died of). However that certainly wasn’t a certain or even expected outcome. They told us that the cause of IBD and colitis was unknown and there was not cure; just maintenance from regular flare-ups through healthy diet and healthy living. They also said that stress can aggrevate the condition(s) and cause flare-ups, but that stress did not cause the condition. Summer was there when they talked to us and they gave us a basic info sheet on colitis and a food sheet to try and eliminate aggravating foods from her diet by trial and error, which at the time she wasn’t real interested in doing. I made some basic changes in her diet, like buying apple juice instead of orange juice, etc… which was one of the suggestions. We, as a family, were taking high end nutritionals, that I am sure helped her at the time as well, that she is no longer taking either.
Over time, I would point out that getting too little sleep, drinking alcohol, eating badly and even birth control pills, when she really shouldn’t need them, might not be in her best interest. She of course tuned me out… And now it as if she doesn’t even remember being told any of this. I even had a long discussion about colitis, as well as doing some research. with the mother of one of her dance buddies. Her brother had had colitis all his life. I passed that info on to Summer as well??? I also discussed it with my friend, Anrea at Mood Space… I have to say I’m a bit shocked at her message and lack of remembering!!!
All the info is a bit vague on this condition, and in some instances the conditions (IBD, colitis and Crohn Disease are listed as related and in others as if they are synonymous. Does anyone have anymore info on these conditions???