Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week’s contest is dedicated to Israeli PM Benyamin Netanyahu, for his recent election victory…in spite of President Obama’s best efforts.
First off, a bouquet of flowers to our pal Paula. Get well soon, M’Dear!
Second, it’s transition time. Our Esteemed Council Member Sara from The Independent Sentinel is unfortunately leaving The Watcher’s Council to concentrate on other endeavors.
We’ve all greatly enjoyed having her with us, and no doubt you’ll see her from time to time as a non-Council nominee, an honorable mention or weighing in on our weekly forum on Monday mornings.
But yes, that also means that there’s now a seat available on the Watcher’s Council up for grabs!
If you’re interested, think you qualify or want to find out more about what’s involved in being part of the longest established blogging group of its kind, simply leave a comment with site URL and your e-mail address (which won’t be published) on any article over at Joshuapundit.
These don’t come up all that often and when they do they usually fill up quickly, so don’t snooze.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Noisy Room – There’s No Truth In The News And No News In The Truth
- Simply Jews – What Jonathan Freedland doesn’t get
- Joshuapundit - Obama’s 2nd Inaugural – Darkness at Noon
- The Political Commentator – The hit and run President!
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Saudi Royal Stability
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Want a lower tax rate? You’re a “whiner”
- Bookworm Room – To win the future, conservatives need to give voters a positive image of a can-do America and a can-do Republican Party
- VA Right! - Is Bill Bolling Planning to Torpedo Republicans with Indy Run for Governor?
- The Razor – How Colin Powell is a Racist
- Gay Patriot – What President Obama Should (But Likely Won’’t) Say Today
- The Mellow Jihadi – A Wild Cristina Kirchner
- The Right Planet – The Left’s War on the Bill of Rights
- The Glittering Eye -Financial Report
- Rhymes With Right – What This Chinese Dissident Has To Say About America’s Second Amendment
- The Pirate’s Cove – Warmist Worries About Coral Which Apparently Thrives In Cold Water
- Maggie’s Notebook – Did Memphis Police, the Mafia and YIKES! the U.S. Army Conspire in the Assassination of MLK?
- Ask Marion – The Communist Takeover Of America – 45 Declared Goals
- Mark Steyn – Fake dead girlfriends and fake debt limits submitted by The Noisy Room
- Policymic – Mali War: French Are Hypocrites For Rushing In With Military Aid submitted by Simply Jews
- Caroline Glick – Bye Bye London submitted by Joshuapundit
- The Strategist - Google in North Korea: Pyongyang kowtow or smart diplomacy? submitted by The Political Commentator
- Tom Ricks/Best Defense – The Obama administration’s inexplicable mishandling of Marine Gen. James Mattis submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Buckhorn Road – The Militia Is… submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Robert Tracinski/Real Clear Politics -Barack Obama is Boring submitted by Bookworm Room
- Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion – Veteran stands up for 2nd Amendment at Chicago anti-gun forum submitted by VA Right!
- Gregory Mann/Africa Is A Country –France in Mali: The End of the Fairytale submitted by The Razor
- Jennifer Rubin/Right Turn -Really, that’s it, Mr. President? submitted by Gay Patriot
- Sultan Knish –The Authenticity of Fake submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- The Blacksphere – Read, Weep, Print and Keep! submitted by The Right Planet
- Ralph Peters – The Perfect Squirm submitted by The Watcher
- Victor Davis Hanson – Hagel, Brennan, and the Obama View of the Middle East submitted by The Watcher