Finally 24-hours after two U.S. embassies/consulates were attacked and 4 Americans, including our Ambassador to Libya, were killed President Obama spoke up and said something about these acts of war on American soil against our Country. It has been reported that President Obama went to bed last night before knowing the outcome of the attacks in Egypt and Libya.
It has now also come to light that President Obama chose to miss his security Intel briefing (again) on Tuesday as the Embassy in Egypt and the Consulate in Libya were being attacked (and 4-Americans were killed) to fly to and to campaign in Nevada… (what does to the media focus on… attacking Romney for speaking up for American… ‘too soon’. Hello?
For 9 1/2 hours the U.S. official position on these attacks were an apology to the terrorists for them attacking us… and then silence. (On Thursday as the Middle East is exploding, Hillary Clinton issued another apology) And today (Wednesday), during Obama’s comments many have noted that he showed no outrage. He stated to the crowd on Tuesday in Vegas that it was a ‘tough day’. A tough day? Ask this Ambassador murdered Ambassador Christopher Stevens, about a tough day:
UPDATE: Here is another shot from another website of the ambassador at the embassy.
On a target date like the eleventh anniversary of 9/11, it is quite the jaw-dropping revelation to learn that there were no Marines guarding the U. S. consulate where Chris Stevens, our ambassador to Libya, was brutally murdered yesterday:
Marine Corps spokeswoman Capt. Kendra Motz said that Marines were not posted to the consulate, unlike the embassy in the capital, Tripoli.
A defense official told POLITICO on Wednesday that the Pentagon is sending an elite team of about 50 additional Marines, called a Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team, to reinforce the embassy.
A senior administration official Wednesday called the Benghazi consulate “an interim facility,” which the State Department began using “before the fall of Qadhafi.” It was staffed Tuesday by Libyan and State Department security officers. The consulate came under fire from heavy machine guns and rocket-propelled grenades at about 10 p.m. local time on Tuesday. By the time the attack ended several hours later, four Americans were dead and three others had been injured.
The Benghazi consulate had “lock-and-key” security, not the same level of defenses as a formal embassy, an intelligence source told POLITICO. That means it had no bulletproof glass, reinforced doors or other features common to embassies. The intelligence source contrasted it with the American embassy in Cairo, Egypt – “a permanent facility, which is a lot easier to defend.” The Cairo embassy also was attacked Tuesday.
This is startling and troubling news, especially in light of the fact that the day before yesterday’s attacks, September 10, al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahri made direct threats against Americans in Libya to avenge the death of Abu Yahya al-Libi, a high-ranking al-Qaeda official taken out by an American drone attack last June.
Here you have al-Queda making explicit threats against Americans in Libya and little to no protection for our consulate — and as a result, four Americans are dead.
Moreover, just hours before the attack …
[Sean] Smith sent a message to Alex Gianturco, the director of "Goonswarm," Smith’s online gaming team or "guild."
“Assuming we don’t die tonight,” the message, which was first reported by Wired, read. “We saw one of our ‘police’ that guard the compound taking pictures.”
Within hours of posting that message, Smith, a husband and father of two, was dead. Gianturco, who could not be reached for further comment, got the word out to fellow gamers, according to Wired.
The media will never demand answers for this horrifying news, but hopefully a Congressional investigation will.
Instead of looking for answers and reporting the actual events the media focused and colluded against Gov. Romney… to hide the fact that their guy, inept Obama and Secretary Clinton’s policies caused this and that he was campaigning instead of doing his job.
Mitt Romney immediately spoke out against these actions, against the inactions and apology from the White House and Department of State as well condemning Obama for not meeting with the Prime Minister of Israel.
Obama and his team actually took time to campaign, be at a fundraiser and to attack Governor and Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney for his statements (that made the president look bad) before saying a word against the actions in Egypt and Libya.
(THE RIGHT SCOOP) Before Romney issued his statement today, an open mic capture the press coordinating questions to ask Romney, with one saying “no matter who he calls on we’re covered on the one question”. I’ve transcribed it to the best of my ability but the audio is below for verification:
I’ve labeled one as the CBS News reporter as I believe it is Nancy Cordes who works for CBS News. If I’ve gotten that wrong I apologize and will correct.
UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: …pointing out that the Republicans… *unintelligible* …Obama….
CBS REPORTER: That’s the question.
UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: *unintelligible*
CBS REPORTER: Yeah that’s the question. I would just say do you regret your question.
UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Your question? Your statement?
CBS REPORTER: I mean your statement. Not even the tone, because then he can go off on…
UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: And then if he does, if we can just follow up and say ‘but this morning your answer is continuing to sound…’ – *becomes unintelligble*
CBS REPORTER: You can’t say that..
CBS REPORTER: I’m just trying to make sure that we’re just talking about, no matter who he calls on we’re covered on the one question.
UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Do you stand by your statement or regret your statement?
See more Here
Obama was at a fundraiser in Nevada instead of dealing with the emergency and virtually simultaneously announced he would be appearing on Letterman in New York on the same day that he said he could not work a meeting with Prime Minister Netanyahu into his schedule.
But now the White House is bad-mouthing Governor Romney. Hello? What am I missing? Americans get attacked, Hussein Obama apologizes, Romney calls Obama on it and the media says Romney made a gaffe? What?
And it is becoming ever more clear, to every thinking person, that the report about a low budget film against the Prophet Mohammed that was originally blamed for these events probably had nothing to do with the attacks against America on the 11th anniversary of 9/11, especially in Libya. Experts in the intelligence community are chiming in to verify that after looking at the coordinated planned military style attack in Libya that ended in the death of 4 Americans, including the Ambassador on the anniversary of 9/11, that it was no coincidence.
The House conservatives have called for stripping aid to Libya, Egypt from spending bill. The spotlight is also becoming ever more focused on the fact that despite threats there were no Marines guarding either compound on 9/11????
And look who is silent about Deaths of Americans and attacks on American soil: Neither the U.N. Secretary or the U.N. Security Council have made any comments about the attacks on the U.S. Embassy… let alone denouncing them; another wake-up America call!! Read more HERE
and GOP Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney was 100% in his statements and the media colluded on their interview and presser questions of him to protect the ineptness of their choice, President Obama. Thank God we will soon have a president who cares about America and Americans first rather than image and school book ideology!!
Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations said today… “What we need is a new president!!”
Charles Krauthammer also said immediately on the apology to Egypt: "it was a hostage statement and we should have told them to ‘go to hell’…" See Video
Developments on Wednesday:
- Nigeria placed its police force on red alert to guard against attacks related to the controversial film
- The US embassy in Algiers warned Americans in Algeria to avoid non-essential travel amid social media calls for protests
- Tunisian police fired tear gas and rubber bullets into the air to disperse a protest by several hundred people near the US embassy in the Tunisian capital, Tunis
- Demonstrations were reported outside the US embassy in Khartoum, Sudan, and the US consulate in Casablanca, Morocco, as well as outside UN offices in Gaza
- The Afghan government ordered a block on YouTube until the offending film was removed – but the site was still visible to internet users in Kabul
- All embassy and related personal in Libya has been moved from Benghazi to Tripoli
OBAMA (many felt his tone was obligatory at best):
I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America’s commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.
I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.
On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya‘s transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.
The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.
It is with profound sadness that I share the news of the death of four American personnel in Benghazi, Libya, yesterday. Among them were United States Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and Foreign Service Information Management Officer Sean Smith. We are still making next of kin notifications for the other two individuals. Our hearts go out to all their families and colleagues.
A 21-year veteran of the Foreign Service, Ambassador Stevens died last night from injuries he sustained in the attack on our office in Benghazi.
I had the privilege of swearing in Chris for his post in Libya only a few months ago. He spoke eloquently about his passion for service, for diplomacy and for the Libyan people. This assignment was only the latest in his more than two decades of dedication to advancing closer ties with the people of the Middle East and North Africa, which began as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Morocco. As the conflict in Libya unfolded, Chris was one of the first Americans on the ground in Benghazi. He risked his own life to lend the Libyan people a helping hand to build the foundation for a new, free nation. He spent every day since helping to finish the work that he started. Chris was committed to advancing America’s values and interests, even when that meant putting himself in danger.
Sean Smith was a husband and a father of two, who joined the Department ten years ago. Like Chris, Sean was one of our best. Prior to arriving in Benghazi, he served in Baghdad, Pretoria, Montreal and most recently The Hague.
All the Americans we lost in yesterday’s attacks made the ultimate sacrifice. We condemn this vicious and violent attack that took their lives, which they had committed to helping the Libyan people reach for a better future.
America’s diplomats and development experts stand on the front lines every day for our country. We are honored by the service of each and every one of them.
It is now known that Ambassador Christopher Stevens was raped and sodomized before being killed. Violence has spread all over the Middle East including to an attack on our embassy in Yemen and the world is asking where America stands… Rioting has also exploded in Tunisia, Algeria, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Afghanistan… and the list goes on.
Tomorrow the Muslim Brotherhood has scheduled a million man event promoting Islam and against the United States. Wake up-America… we have the wrong people in office to deal with this situation!!
The (bloody) fingerprints of the failed diplomacy and the failed foreign policy of President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who issued another apology today, are all over the present events in the Middle East. As former U.N. Ambassador Bolton has said, “What we need is new policies and a new president!!”
Diana West, the author of "The Death of the Grown-Up: How America’s Arrested Development Is Bringing Down Western Civilization”, blasts Obama and Clinton for their concern over hurting Muslims’ feelings’: Islamic law does not nullify 1st Amendment!
American (ex-Navy Seal) Killed in Libya Was on Intel Mission to Track Weapons - More Fast and Furious?