The administration has a lot to do. Let’s hope they get it right before the jihadists get lucky.
How did homegrown radicalization develop? And will the flurry of terror cases in 2009 force the issue?
Eight and a half years after 9/11, our counterterrorism apparatus still appears to be in catch-up mode. What needs to be done to bring security in line with 2010 threats?
Napolitano told CNN that, "Right now, we have no indication [that Abdulmutallab's actions were] part of anything larger." Not "part of anything larger"? Is she serious? Does she take us for fools?
A daily roundup of idiocy, buffoonery and incompetence – courtesy of your government and its enablers.
We choose, you peruse.
- Underwear Bomb Revealed as Terror Suspect Warns More Attacks Coming (FOX)
- Al Qaeda takes credit for plot to down plane (WT)
- Illinois Congressman Says Obama Official Agreed That Moving Terrorists to U.S. Prison Would Increase Risk (CNS)
- Homeland Security Touts 2009 Accomplishments, Including ‘Secure Flight’ Program (CNS)
- Al Qaeda’s Clear Message – The U.S. has to rethink jihad’s global recruitment of terrorists. (WSJ)
- Six Uncomfortable Answers
- Preventing the Next Terrorist Attack – by Andrew Cline
- Cyber-security chief resigns in protest – Calls consolidation of power in National Security Agency ‘bad strategy’
- States Draft Bills Regarding State Sovereignty
- Key security agencies lack permanent leaders (WT)
- Putin: U.S. Missile Shield Holding Up Nuke Deal (FOX)
- Cross the River, Burn the Bridge – Obamacare is the fast-track to a permanent left-of-center political culture. By Mark Steyn
- The Tipping Point in Iran (WSJ)
- ‘No Place in Constitution’ Gives Congress Authority to Mandate Health Insurance – Is Trampling on Individual Rights (CNS)
- Justice transfers Panthers pursuer out of D.C. office (WT)
- Letting The Cat Out of the Bag
- Forget Supreme Court Challenges to this Monstrosity!
- Shameless Islamist Doublespeak Rages On (PAJAMAS)
- How the West Rejuvenated Pan-Islamism and the Global Jihad
- The Open Hand, Slapped (Richard Perle)
- Family of Kidnapped U.S. Soldier Urges Taliban to Send Son Home (FOX)
- Analysis: Detroit terror attack is a major intelligence and security failure (TELEGRAPH UK)
- Let’s Roll 2 [Mark Steyn]
- Janet Napolitano Made A Fool Of Herself On TV Talkshows
- Let My Terrorists Go
- Lying to Ourselves
- On Planet Janet
- Obama Acknowledges Flaws in Security, Vows Fixes… But Blames Bush (Again)
- So What? Why Don’t We Profile? (FOX)
- What? Nigerian Suspect Given Lawyers, Civilian Trial, Constitutional Rights
- Republican Congressman Calls on Napolitano to Resign
- Ooops! Freed Gitmo Alumni Plotted Airline Bombing
- Lawmakers Spar Over Obama’s Decision to Transfer Gitmo Detainees to Illinois Prison
Thanks To Family Security Matters and Warbird